Pirelli update?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRME

Reaction score
Another month has passed. How are everyone's Stradas holding up? I am about ready to buy my first replacement set (mine came with Metzlers), and am interested in the Pirellis. Thanks for your responses.

Just approaching 4000 miles on mine. Almost all of which are on the twisties. If the rear needed replacement now, I would be happy and buy again, based on my sportbike experience on these roads around Napa. Fortunately, no replacement needed at this time.

I replaced my rear Strada after about 3500 miles. The front is still going strong after about twice that far. I'm running an Avon on the rear and I'll probably stick with the Avon rear/Pirelli front combination for a while.

I have about 5K on my rear tire. It's not got much left in it. In comparison, I got 10K out of the OEM Metz. Looks like my riding style has changed a bit.

I like the Strada. Going to put on an Avon next, though, just because it's in inventory. Then I can compare for myself. If I smoke through the Avon as fast as the Pirelli, I'll probably go back to the Strada. Cheaper and easier to balance.