Planing Mooresville ride Sunday 7/14/19

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray ray

Reaction score
I've been busting my hump for the last week in the new Mooresville, NC "House from Hell"

I would post my address, but I'm afraid that some of you guys would google it and the pics. would remove all doubt that I'm nuts.

I think that I am going to head up I 77 to I 40 and then West and up to Little Switzerland.

Schedule and route very flexible if anyone wants in.

I've been busting my hump for the last week in the new Mooresville, NC "House from Hell"
I would post my address, but I'm afraid that some of you guys would google it and the pics. would remove all doubt that I'm nuts.

I think that I am going to head up I 77 to I 40 and then West and up to Little Switzerland.

Schedule and route very flexible if anyone wants in.
Nah, head west on US64 out of Statesville to Lenoir, then 90 to Adako Rd to 181. From there you can either BRP it or (I usually) head up to Banner Elk for something to eat. Then across 194, thru Boone and choose your way home. Some nice relaxed riding to wind down between US421 and US64 in the Boone/Hamptonville/Lenoir/Statesville sector.

Thanks bent,

That is exactly what I was looking for..

We will have to get together some time, if I can ever afford gas.

This new-to-me house was a foreclosure and the costs to; fix, replace, or demolish are killing my wallet.

rbentnail posted: Nah, head west on US64 out of Statesville to Lenoir, then 90 to Adako Rd to 181. From there you can either BRP it or (I usually) head up to Banner Elk for something to eat. Then across 194, thru Boone and choose your way home. Some nice relaxed riding to wind down between US421 and US64 in the Boone/Hamptonville/Lenoir/Statesville sector.
gray ray posted: Thanks bent, that is exactly what I was looking for..
We will have to get together some time, if I can ever afford gas. This new-to-me house was a foreclosure and the costs to; fix, replace, or demolish are killing my wallet.
Just so you know ... US 64 can show you some horrendous traffic congestion west of Hendersonville: between Highlands, Cashiers, and Franklin. That's a ways from your route, I know.

Some of that section of US 64 is scenic, some is not, but it's the quickest E-W route in that area. If you have the time, however, NC 215 and NC 281 between Rosman and Sylva are really fun.

If you still want to get to Franklin, try NC 1001 (Tilley Creek Road) or NC 1157 (Cullowhee Mountain Road) are the bomb -- except for gravel spewed on the road by local pickup trucks that can't stay on the asphalt. Not far from EOM ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode out 64 and had a great time. the road is in great condition, and beautiful scenery. I kind of got lost, but was having so much fun that it didn't matter.

I found myself on 221, then 321, then in Blowing Rock, then Boone, Then on 421 thru Mountain City. The next thing I knew I found myself on "The Snake"

I must have road it two or three times before heading for home. I managed to find The Blue Ridge Parkway, and took that all the way back to 77, then 77 South to Mooresville.

It was a great day, even with the almost unbearable 96 degree heat on 77. I've got a great story to tell you guys if I see yall at EOM.