Please convice me.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkuglin

Reaction score
new 2008 FJR and looking for some slip ons.

I love the look of the hexcones, but they cost almost $400 more that the Holeshots. Why???

Is there a goo reason for the 60% additional cost.

BTW - I spent 5-6 hours reading all the posts from a search so yes I did some research first and the web clips on my computer really are a joke. I image the sound is close, but 60% more in cost - man I am having trouble accepting that.

I guess I am looking for that last 5% to justify my selection to myself (fat chance of that)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mostly just 'eye candy' (or I guess 'ear candy'); personally I like the stealth/quiet stockers, it's your money so it's your choice. Performance enhancement is, in a word, going to be minimal to nil. JMO

2007YamahaFJR1300001.jpg

I have the Holeshot slip-ons and I love them. They look nice and have a really nice sound and they are not loud at all. I couldn't justify that much money for something that just provides looks and sound. With a little performance. I got these used from someone on this list for $350.00 :yahoo:

Eric

It's mostly just 'eye candy' (or I guess 'ear candy'); personally I like the stealth/quiet stockers, it's your money so it's your choice. Performance enhancement is, in a word, going to be minimal to nil. JMO

Ditto. Nothing like slipping by the popos.

With motorcycles, too much money for too little return.

My justification for the extra cost of the Hexacones was that I really don't like the look of any other slip-ons. They all look too generic to me; just another cylinder with a logo on it, and many use an ugly steel strap for mounting. If I'm going to spend a chunk of money on an accessory for my bike, it's worth it to me to wait longer to save up some more cash to get what I really want.

As for the reason for the extra cost, it's probably a combination of materials (titanium and carbon fiber), manufacturing of a more complex shape, and the bike-specific mounting hardware (a real mounting bracket; no straps).

completed_bike_rear.jpg

completed_bike_side.jpg

2247302-plus1.gif

Like Adam Carolla rants. "Hey, everybody, notice me, I have a motorcycle!"

I can't stand noise pollution, whether it's from an inline four or a V-twin....

2247302-plus1.gif

Like Adam Carolla rants. "Hey, everybody, notice me, I have a motorcycle!"

I can't stand noise pollution, whether it's from an inline four or a V-twin....

Tree Hugger!!! LOL

I bought the Staintunes because they have bike specific mounting (no pipe clamp) and no racer boy graphics. They are easy to keep clean and if they are too loud, put in the resttrictors. Although you already have noise restrictors called stock pipes.

I like em louder so it pisses off all the tree huggers and sound nazis.

Personally, I like having the FJR be nice and quiet.

I like the sound of the Holeshots, though.

But, if I want to be Loud & Proud, I ride my Harley.

And try my best to piss-off all the left-coast tree-huggers.

<_<

those look bad@ss. if I ever have the money that I need to spend quickly and irresponsibly, the hexacones would be the ones I get.

My justification for the extra cost of the Hexacones was that I really don't like the look of any other slip-ons. They all look too generic to me; just another cylinder with a logo on it, and many use an ugly steel strap for mounting. If I'm going to spend a chunk of money on an accessory for my bike, it's worth it to me to wait longer to save up some more cash to get what I really want.
As for the reason for the extra cost, it's probably a combination of materials (titanium and carbon fiber), manufacturing of a more complex shape, and the bike-specific mounting hardware (a real mounting bracket; no straps).

completed_bike_rear.jpg

completed_bike_side.jpg

Myself been a chronic hunter for the right price. Since performance improvement is nil to psychological on this tubes, my priorities are LOOKS/Price/sound.

I still can't find one for under 6 clicks.

I have to agree with everyone the Hexacones do look awesome. But they are way to rich for my blood so I will stick to my old school looking Holeshots.

Eric

I'll be honest, yes most slip ons look the same. Sounds the same(similar). Perform the same. Etc...

So why did I pick the holeshots, for one because I bought the full holeshot system, and secondly I wanted to support a forum members business. Shop locally! Do the owners of staintune or two brothers exhaust participate in the forum here? I like dealing with people I know will stand behind their stuff! I will always give repeat business to people that give good after the sale service. Nice stuff Dale. I'm glad I went with your product.

So why did I pick the holeshots, for one because I bought the full holeshot system, and secondly I wanted to support a forum members business. Shop locally! Do the owners of staintune or two brothers exhaust participate in the forum here? I like dealing with people I know will stand behind their stuff! I will always give repeat business to people that give good after the sale service. Nice stuff Dale. I'm glad I went with your product.
I went for the best of both worlds and mounted the Hexacones on Dale's Holeshot header :)

I have holeshot slip-ons...what a great sound. I especially love hearing the bike as I ride through town, shifting, out of the hole and especially through downtown with tall buildings...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh music to my ears...I LOVE IT...in fact I LOVE my FJR ! OH wait..I love it on the freeway cruising at 135 is the best sound : ) Can't wait to get up and fly to work!