Please convice me.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My justification for the extra cost of the Hexacones was that I really don't like the look of any other slip-ons. They all look too generic to me; just another cylinder with a logo on it, and many use an ugly steel strap for mounting. If I'm going to spend a chunk of money on an accessory for my bike, it's worth it to me to wait longer to save up some more cash to get what I really want.
Gunny. The Hexacones don't look like a coffee can with a strap around them.

<!--quoteo(post=602617:date=Jun 24 2009, 08:31 AM:name=UselessPickles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UselessPickles @ Jun 24 2009, 08:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=602617"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My justification for the extra cost of the Hexacones was that I really don't like the look of any other slip-ons. They all look too generic to me; just another cylinder with a logo on it, <b>and many use an ugly steel strap for mounting</b>. If I'm going to spend a chunk of money on an accessory for my bike, it's worth it to me to wait longer to save up some more cash to get what I really want.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

what did you need to do to the connector to get the hexicones to fit? THey look great

The end of the connector pipe for the Hexacones need to be expanded to fit over the Holeshot header. Any muffler shop should be able to do it for about $25 or less. Just bring the connector pipes and the header to them. Also bring the clamps for the connector pipes. You want the clamp on the pipe while expanding it to help prevent the end from flaring out and splitting down the sides. You might also need larger clamps for the final installation. I think I got some exhaust clamps from JEGS.

No modifications are necessary for the stock header.

<!--quoteo(post=602617:date=Jun 24 2009, 08:31 AM:name=UselessPickles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UselessPickles @ Jun 24 2009, 08:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=602617"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a> </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My justification for the extra cost of the Hexacones was that I really don't like the look of any other slip-ons. They all look too generic to me; just another cylinder with a logo on it, <b>and many use an ugly steel strap for mounting</b>. If I'm going to spend a chunk of money on an accessory for my bike, it's worth it to me to wait longer to save up some more cash to get what I really want.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

what did you need to do to the connector to get the hexicones to fit? THey look great
Holy resurrection Batman! :clapping:

:lol:

Holy resurrection Batman! :clapping:

:lol:

zombie_batman_1187715.jpg