Please post your photos/stories of Beemerdons here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Tech Day Dec 2011 at Neil's home in Vista CA giving the Twowheelnut salute.

412040796.jpg

I believe this is the Dec 28, 2010 X-Mass ride. We were getting set to jump on Route 79 near Anza, CA.

412040792.jpg

Here we are at the restaurant.

412040793.jpg

I will try to dig up some more pics for posting later.

I wanted to put this on an active thread, as the one I'm linking to seems to have petered out some. Please click, check out the thread, and take a look at my post (33) on page 2. This is something Don wanted, so think about doing it in his honor. Thanks.

The SW-FOG attendees for the September 2010 TOAS, NM rally organized by BeemerDon and BigD. Dolly, our mascot, was in attendance too. She was a real hit and a real pleasure being around.

Don had a real knack for organizing rides and getting everyone motivated. He has left a big void and will be sorely missed.

412040795.jpg

I was away on holiday when I learned about Don's passing. I had the good fortune of riding with him a couple of time.

2014 SW-FOG we road the Coronado Trail.

IMG_0912%252520%252528600x450%252529.jpg

IMG_0916%252520%252528600x314%252529.jpg

IMG_0941%252520%252528600x378%252529.jpg

Bye Don, you will be missed.

MsNASCAR (Jacquie) and I had just moved to Prescott AZ in October 2013 after I retired and the next month Don organized a welcome to Arizona ride for us. So some of his BMW group and he met us at the Watson Lake viewpoint in Prescott, one very chilly November morning. From there I led a ride up 89A to the Javelina Cantina restaurant in Sedona. This is the view from the outside seating at the restaurant.
412040808.jpg
For most that have probably never met him; the 3rd guy from the left in the back standing is AZBeemer Brian Boles, who is hosting Don's wake at his house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Boles asked me to forward this post to the FJR Forum. They are collecting photos for Don's memorial & wake if you guys wouldn't mind taking a few minutes to forward all your good ones to them to the email address below:

Don's sister and I would like to compile a slideshow of pictures of Don, for display at the services and wake.

So, please send an email containing your favorite pictures of Don (and you) to the following email address -

[email protected]

Thanks, Brian.

Brian Boles asked me to forward this post to the FJR Forum. They are collecting photos for Don's memorial & wake if you guys wouldn't mind taking a few minutes to forward all your good ones to them to the email address below:Don's sister and I would like to compile a slideshow of pictures of Don, for display at the services and wake.So, please send an email containing your favorite pictures of Don (and you) to the following email address [email protected], Brian.
I'm sure you could use ANY of the photos in this thread. I thought that was the reason for this thread.

He's looking for as many photos as he can get so I'm sure there's a ton more in everybody's libraries. Plus, technically, I can't take people's photos off here without their permission. I think they are going to run a constant loop of his photos throughout the day, so the more we send, the more we'll see.

He's looking for as many photos as he can get so I'm sure there's a ton more in everybody's libraries. Plus, technically, I can't take people's photos off here without their permission. I think they are going to run a constant loop of his photos throughout the day, so the more we send, the more we'll see.
I had asked folks for their stories and photos to make a memory book for Seth and Ms. Donna so I think (and I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries) that by posting them here, they are to share. B)

I figure anything I list here is public anyway. You can use any of my pictures for Don's slide show. However, I can also send them to that email address if needed.

I had asked folks for their stories and photos to make a memory book for Seth and Ms. Donna so I think (and I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries) that by posting them here, they are to share. B)
Yes, that is the premise of this thread and why I shared here, in addition to the RIP thread. I'm sure that's why others shared as well. To share photos with the family...

I don't claim any copyright or restricted use for photos I publish to this forum, and particularly this thread.

I think you're making things overly complex asking for permission. If anyone has an objection to the use of the photos, let them speak now or forever hold their peace. I'm assuming the silence will speak for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.