Plexus/PRO Honda Cleaner Polish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There has to be some drawback to using this stuff.

I've always been a soap and water and chamois and TurtleWax and cheesecloth person, but recently decided to try this product - Honda cleaner.

Incredible. It cleans ALL the crap off!( Bugs, road grime, boot scuffs, bodily fluids, filthy residue.)

And it leaves a wax-like shine. And it's easy. And it doesn't leave white film in the cracks. And it's fast.

And it works on all the surfaces.

Come on!

There HAS to be a downside. Maybe something that only shows up after long-term use?

Does it make the plastic brittle? Does it yellow? Does it build up and turn milky?

Does it degrade the paint or chrome?

Can someone who's been using for a good few years vouch for it?

Also, is either product superior to the other?

(Of course I searched first. Why does it take such nerve to ask a question up in here?)

Thank you.

(Of course I searched first. Why does it take such nerve to ask a question up in here?)
Because you're a pussy? :eek:

:fuck:

Only downside I know of is cost. I love the shit too, but I still like to use good ol soap and water when it's really dirty. Which is most of the time.

There has to be some drawback to using this stuff.I've always been a soap and water and chamois and TurtleWax and cheesecloth person, but recently decided to try this product - Honda cleaner.

Incredible. It cleans ALL the crap off!( Bugs, road grime, boot scuffs, bodily fluids, filthy residue.)

And it leaves a wax-like shine. And it's easy. And it doesn't leave white film in the cracks. And it's fast.

And it works on all the surfaces.

Come on!

There HAS to be a downside. Maybe something that only shows up after long-term use?

Does it make the plastic brittle? Does it yellow? Does it build up and turn milky?

Does it degrade the paint or chrome?

Can someone who's been using for a good few years vouch for it?

Also, is either product superior to the other?

Thank you.

I've used it on my last 2 bikes, and my current bike. I used it on a Honda Magna for 3 years, on a 2004 FJR for almost 3 years, and for the last 5 months on my current 2008 FJR. No fading, no problems at all. Great stuff.

Okay guys, you obviously love "the stuff".

But which "stuff" are you loving? The Plexus/PRO or the Honda Cleaner Polish.

Or are they one and the same thing?

I just gave away one of the cans that Tim gave me last summer maybe i should give it a try......

R

Use the Honda cleaner polish on everything. Works great, haven't found a bad side to it yet.

I've used cans of Plexus and the Honda stuff, and I cant' tell the difference. No down side after years of use, and one of the best things about them both is the wax residue they leave behind. In the rain, I just turn my head a little and the water, already in beads from the wax, just blows away.

Eager to hit the road for a spring ride, I left my can of Honda stuff at home this week, and needed something to clean the Apache Trail (AZ) off my face shield. Stopped by a Kawasaki place in Apache Jct. and picked up a can of their product. It seems to have more bug solvent and less wax, and I haven't yet decided whether I like it better or not. It seemed to clean better, but the bead effect did not seem as pronounced as I rode a short ride home in the rain and snow tonight.

I'd like to find a small, tiny, can of one of those cleaners to save room in the luggage, but, so far, none of the retailers I've visited has anything but the king size can. A friend once had a little palm sized spritzer powered container of Plexus, and it fit the bill nicely. WBill

Old Alaskan bush pilot trick. Spray hydrogen peroxide (dilute 50/50 w/water and a few drops of detergent) on the bugs and whatever sticks to the plastic aircraft windshield (or FJR). Rinse and dry.

Apply Plexus to a microfiber rag, not the bike, then wipe and polish. Protects with wax, rain or shine. Used for many years with no downsides.

Honda? Had a 50cc C100 in 1962 as my third ride, and a 1972 XL250 in 1973. Dunno' about their polish. I hear they make robots now. And motorcycles.

Gary in Fairbanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used both products on everything from windshields to helmets, chrome and plastic for 5 years. Never a problem but the expense. I buy whichever I see on a shelf first. But at least two times a year I use the old bucket of suds and a very high quality liquid polish on the bike just because, or when the bike is very dirty.

I'm told old-school polish gives a heavier coat and besides, I was taught to do it that way 40 years ago. YMMV.

I was also told they are the same along with S100, etc. Don't know that for a fact though.