Plexus/PRO Honda Cleaner Polish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to find a small, tiny, can of one of those cleaners to save room in the luggage, but, so far, none of the retailers I've visited has anything but the king size can. A friend once had a little palm sized spritzer powered container of Plexus, and it fit the bill nicely. WBill
7 oz can of Plexus

.42 oz. spritzer Plexus

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used both and I prefer the Honda Spray cleaner and polish. I think it does a better job than plexus. I've been using it now for 5 years on 3 different bikes (I was having withdrawal issues when they stopped selling it here in Cali, I had to get my fix online from out of state). Once a year I do a cleaning with soap and water followed by a good coat of polish (I like Turtle Wax). The rest of the year I use the spray cleaner, unless It's extremely dirty and needs to have a soap and water cleaning.

So my opinion...... IT"S DA BOMB !!!!! ya can't go wrong with it........

The last 2 bikes I've owned (1981 Goldwing and 2003 Royal Star Venture) carried a can of Honda spray cleaner/polish in the trunk. In other words, I never left home without it. Miraculous stuff; works on plastic, lexan, chrome, glass, leather...you name it. I've used it for the better part of 15 years now with absolutely ZERO ill effect.

I haven't used the "new" Honda polish, the "old" polish was outlawed in Cali due to VOC regulations. So, if they are selling it again here, it's not the same.

As for the old stuff, I did a side by side comparison with Plexus...I sprayed both on the windscreen and went away for 15 minutes...the plexus was dried on the screen but the Honda polish was still a bit wet and wiped right off, taking the bugs with it. The plexus smeared around and I had to apply another coat before it would wipe off...not sure what it means, but I still have a can of the old style Honda polish around and save it for cleaning the visor while on the road...I use the plexus at home for spot cleaning and a wipe down now and then.

Old Alaskan bush pilot trick. Spray hydrogen peroxide (dilute 50/50 w/water and a few drops of detergent) on the bugs and whatever sticks to the plastic aircraft windshield (or FJR). Rinse and dry.
Apply Plexus to a microfiber rag, not the bike, then wipe and polish. Protects with wax, rain or shine. Used for many years with no downsides.

Honda? Had a 50cc C100 in 1962 as my third ride, and a 1972 XL250 in 1973. Dunno' about their polish. I hear they make robots now. And motorcycles.

Gary in Fairbanks
Good idea...however, what strength of H2O2 was he talking about mixing? 3% or 27%?

Old Alaskan bush pilot trick. Spray hydrogen peroxide (dilute 50/50 w/water and a few drops of detergent) on the bugs and whatever sticks to the plastic aircraft windshield (or FJR). Rinse and dry.
Apply Plexus to a microfiber rag, not the bike, then wipe and polish. Protects with wax, rain or shine. Used for many years with no downsides.

Gary in Fairbanks
Good idea...however, what strength of H2O2 was he talking about mixing? 3% or 27%?
He was me. I just cut the 3% stuff in half 'cause I'm sometimes cheap. You can also use it straight as manufactured plus a drop or two of detergent. Experiment to determine the best concentration of both. I buy the 32oz bottle of H2O2 and screw an old sprayer head and tube from any common house or glass cleaner on the brown bottle. Needs the brown bottle to keep from going bad in sunlight. I carry a smaller bottle with the bike. Somehow the peroxide softens our Alaskan bug goo on plastic like the FJR shield and front fairing better than plain soap and water for me. Follow with one of the cleaners recommended here to hide any scratches.

Gary in Fairbanks