PM Changes?

Help Support FJRForum:

RossKean

Members++
Reaction score
I noticed some changes in the PM function - or maybe I am mis-remembering how it used to work?

Seems I can no longer do a "preview" before posting.  Also, I believe you used to be able to edit the PM as long as the recipient had not read it yet.  (I just tried and could not.)

Neither is a big deal.  Just means I have to proofread a lot more carefully before I hit "Send".

Bounce

Chicks Dig Scars
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. My typos are legendary. Add auto-correct on top of it (when NOT posting to forums with mobile ;) ) and it's even worse.

I seldom use PMs so didn't know about the edit or other stuff there.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing I set or know about.  Could be change to the baseline software in a patch...or maybe a setting on your end.  For the former, one could go to the software manufacturer and comb through their release notes if you want.

RossKean

Members++
Reaction score
Pretty sure it isn't anything on my end. 

Not much point in me going to the release notes (other than curiosity) - not like I can change anything.  Minor issue for sure and just means I will have to check BEFORE sending.

Just had a closer look.  It also appeared that I couldn't preview the reply to a regular post as well as PM!  Noticed the little magnifier in the header - this is now the preview "button" for posts!  Works for PM as well.  On the preview, you can choose Desktop, Tablet or Phone to see how it will look on different platforms.  Neat.

Capture.jpg

I also noticed some differences when replying to a longer post with quote.  Content is abbreviated (but can be expanded) - not while creating the reply but after it is submitted.  Good feature when people don't edit photos etc. out of the original when replying.

Edit:  The preview thing was already brought up back in March - I just didn't remember

Preview a Post - Software and Board Operation - FJRForum

Still an issue with not being able to edit a PM.  I think I'll go back to sleep now.