PNW Spring Tech Meet #12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 10th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)
Going to keep it toned down and keep the maintenance on the light side again. No valve checks, If you need one, we can try to pair you up with someone that may be able to assist at another time. Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

We will also continue the GP Suspension talks from last Spring's tech meet. We will have a set of forks with GP's new cartridges installed for anyone to demo that wants to. Please coordinate with Ahchiu (Marcus) on the tech day. You can sign up here and indicate that you would like to try them.

I met Nels Byersdorf at the Motorcycle show this last weekend and talked to him about flashing the ECU for the FJR's. Nels flashes the ECU with a custom map for each bike individually on a dnyo. I am working to have Nels here to talk about doing ECU flashes and what you can expect from one. Nels is verifying if the flash can remove the speed limit on the 2013 cruise control. They have a portable dyno and create a custom map for each bike. If someone wants a ECU flash done, he is considering bringing his portable dyno to the meet and using it as a demo for us all to see. More to come on this.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccini, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Agenda:

9 - 5 - Maintenance and other work on bikes

11 - 1 - GP Suspension discussion demonstration

11 - 1 lunch (while listening to GP)

1:30 - ? 2 Wheel Dyno Works (to be confirmed)

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

MCRider007

JamesW

juniorfjr

Lauren_TK + Mrs.

Seattle Ty

El Cajone

Road Trip

wingshot +2

Duster19?

hmwave

JohnnyB

gbrmksmith

Bob Atkinson

henwil

olyk12

Harald

Riona

TheClawFJR

BigChunk

blufjr (?)

travelinFJR

EricB (?)

Top Case

List is up to date. Those on the fence, please confirm so we can get the food count finalized.

This will be my first FJR tech day - I would like help doing the throttle spring unwind on me 07-AE - Do I need to bring my own tools? Is there a pointer to a prior discussion that would show me what is available? Thanks one and all!

Steve

This will be my first FJR tech day - I would like help doing the throttle spring unwind on me 07-AE - Do I need to bring my own tools? Is there a pointer to a prior discussion that would show me what is available? Thanks one and all!
Steve
There are plenty of tools there. Some do bring their own, if you do, please have them marked so you can identify them. PM me if you need the address.

I will be there along with a friend and his new to him FJR. So put me down for two please.

Am bringing a few things for the swap/sell table:

-Gen1 Russell day long seat, Leather, Like new! (5-9,190#) so bring your stock seat and be ready to ride home in comfort.

-Tourtech locking gps mount for street pilots

-Gen1 Bar risers

-N-line acc shelf Gen1

Can bring DVD Hard miles 1 & 2 if anyone is interested in Iron Butt documentary.

Had a great time last year and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

-Phil

What the heck - I'm in. :)

I say that, but really, it's the first time in a while the timing has worked for me. :) Grateful to be able to spend a few hours with folks...naturally, I fly to London on Sunday...LOL

I will be there along with a friend and his new to him FJR. So put me down for two please.
Am bringing a few things for the swap/sell table:

-Gen1 Russell day long seat, Leather, Like new! (5-9,190#) so bring your stock seat and be ready to ride home in comfort.

-Tourtech locking gps mount for street pilots

-Gen1 Bar risers

-N-line acc shelf Gen1

Can bring DVD Hard miles 1 & 2 if anyone is interested in Iron Butt documentary.

Had a great time last year and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

-Phil
Gotcha.

What the heck - I'm in.
smile.png

I say that, but really, it's the first time in a while the timing has worked for me.
smile.png
Grateful to be able to spend a few hours with folks...naturally, I fly to London on Sunday...LOL
Awesome.

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 10th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)
Going to keep it toned down and keep the maintenance on the light side again. No valve checks, If you need one, we can try to pair you up with someone that may be able to assist at another time. Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

We will also continue the GP Suspension talks from last Spring's tech meet. We will have a set of forks with GP's new cartridges installed for anyone to demo that wants to. Please coordinate with Ahchiu (Marcus) on the tech day. You can sign up here and indicate that you would like to try them.

I met Nels Byersdorf at the Motorcycle show this last weekend and talked to him about flashing the ECU for the FJR's. Nels flashes the ECU with a custom map for each bike individually on a dnyo. I am working to have Nels here to talk about doing ECU flashes and what you can expect from one. Nels is verifying if the flash can remove the speed limit on the 2013 cruise control. They have a portable dyno and create a custom map for each bike. If someone wants a ECU flash done, he is considering bringing his portable dyno to the meet and using it as a demo for us all to see. More to come on this.

Nels is being rescheduled for the Fall event.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccini, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Agenda:

9 - 5 - Maintenance and other work on bikes

11 - 1 - GP Suspension discussion demonstration

11 - 1 lunch (while listening to GP)

1:30 - ? 2 Wheel Dyno Works (to be confirmed) Nels is unable to make this event. We are rescheduling him for the Fall.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

MCRider007

JamesW

juniorfjr

Lauren_TK + Mrs.

Seattle Ty

El Cajone

Road Trip

wingshot +2

Duster19?

hmwave

JohnnyB

gbrmksmith

Bob Atkinson

henwil

olyk12

Harald

Riona

TheClawFJR

BigChunk

blufjr (?)

travelinFJR

EricB (?)

Top Case

Irish Phil +1

Sportsguy

waBill

Fontanaman
Attendee list is updated.

Nels has asked to be rescheduled for the Fall event.

See you all Saturday

I'd like to roll by and check out some FJR's before I purchase one. How much flak should I expect if I roll up on a Kawasaki?

I'd like to roll by and check out some FJR's before I purchase one. How much flak should I expect if I roll up on a Kawasaki?
Anyone who rides a Kawasaki to an FJR event must be confused, going through some kind of mid-life crisis, and in dire need of FJR counseling.

Anyone who rides a Kawasaki to an FJR event must be confused, going through some kind of mid-life crisis, and in dire need of FJR counseling.
I'm in need of getting rid of the two bikes I have, lol. I think I actually need airhead counseling. I have mine up for sale, and I'm already looking at parts to build one from scratch.

Tech meet_ Sorry for late respone but if you have room for one more I would like to attend. Would like to meet other fjr owners and pick up some knowledge at the same time. If too late or full up, I understand.

I'm in need of getting rid of the two bikes I have, lol. I think I actually need airhead counseling. I have mine up for sale, and I'm already looking at parts to build one from scratch.
Swing on by. There will be plenty to look at. As long as your Kawi is not all chromed out and stretched you will be fine.

Tech meet_ Sorry for late respone but if you have room for one more I would like to attend. Would like to meet other fjr owners and pick up some knowledge at the same time. If too late or full up, I understand.
Come on by. PM me if you need the address

Havent been to the Tech meet in a couple of years, would love to see you all. My FJR needs work on the front forks so I will probably show up on something different.