PNW Tech Meet #22 POSTPONED until further notice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
PNW Tech Meet #22, will be June 13, 2020. Postponed until further notice (hopefully will be rescheduled this Fall) due to COVID-19 and our state's unclear re-opening guidelines to date.

For those traveling long distances, and may end up in the Seattle area, please contact me if you need to service your bike (oil change, etc...) before the trip home or to change tires. You can drop ship them out and install when you are here.

Some people have expressed the desire to tackle a valve check, but would like to have someone around to assist/make sure they are doing it correctly. There are several of us here in the PNW who can assist, so please post up the request or PM me, and we'll try to get you paired up with some who can help.

Time for the annual gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday June 13th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, main course TBD, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees:

EscapeFJRtist

Panman

Niehart

Hudson

RedneckJ

BeamerReamer (+1)

Whoohoo...count me in Auburn! Sure hope it stops raining by then and the roads are repaired. :help:

As in prior years, the north end gang will meet at $bucks in Carnation for early bench racing before the ride down.

~G

Monroe -> Carnation -> Auburn reminder set in my calendar. Bench racing only. It will be a good excuse to wash by bike for the event!

Bryan, I need to do a read brake bleed probably not a flush, and replace the Heli triple tree with the MCL

PNW Tech Meet #22, will be June 13, 2020. Postponed until further notice (hopefully will be rescheduled this Fall) due to COVID-19 and our state's unclear re-opening guidelines to date.

For those traveling long distances, and may end up in the Seattle area, please contact me if you need to service your bike (oil change, etc...) before the trip home or to change tires. You can drop ship them out and install when you are here.

Some people have expressed the desire to tackle a valve check, but would like to have someone around to assist/make sure they are doing it correctly. There are several of us here in the PNW who can assist, so please post up the request or PM me, and we'll try to get you paired up with some who can help.

Time for the annual gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday June 13th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, main course TBD, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees:

EscapeFJRtist

Panman

Niehart

Hudson

RedneckJ

BeamerReamer (+1)
Bump so people see the tech meet has been postponed.

It wouldn't surprise me that we don't see any more FJR Tech days, whole bunch of work for the Auburn's and they have moved on to a Wing.
It was great the ten or so years we did it, meet many great folks!

It wouldn't surprise me that we don't see any more FJR Tech days, whole bunch of work for the Auburn's and they have moved on to a Wing.
It was great the ten or so years we did it, meet many great folks!
I'm looking to do one this Fall. Dates to be determined yet.

I am heavily into getting Ray's wing into rally shape right now. Doing the full Traxxion suspension system, Heli bars and all the electronics to support rallying. Next weekend we have to start putting miles on doing the PNWGT and Tour of Honor to get into rally mode for the inaugural LDX rally (replacement to the Butt Lite) the end of June. Most likely if it happens this year, it will be early October.