Police model FJR spotted at Daytona Bike Week

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdrasher

Reaction score
I spotted it parked behind the Yamaha demo fleet truck at the speedway. I snapped a couple quick pics since I wasn't sure that I was supposed to be back there or not.

VCyKY63l.jpg

cWPm4K7l.jpg

J4KDzlWl.jpg

mvTXO58l.jpg

wZklFx6l.jpg

kTLOe8pl.jpg

MP9DnfUl.jpg

rkGXzT2l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job! A completely white bike is like a blank artists canvas, just waiting for someones imagination to run wild. Production of this bike also indicates that Yamaha is still strongly supportive of the model and is looking to expand sales. I kinda like the minimalist top box design.

Interesting to see the non-ES forks. Wonder what the "Mode" switchbox is?
The switch-gear, for whatever reason, is not Gen 3, so I would guess they had to add a "Mode" switch for the Gen 3 Sport and Tour engine modes.

Interesting to see the non-ES forks. Wonder what the "Mode" switchbox is?
The switch-gear, for whatever reason, is not Gen 3, so I would guess they had to add a "Mode" switch for the Gen 3 Sport and Tour engine modes.
On their website it's labeled as a "Light Controller". I'm guessing for activating different modes of warning lights?

My first thought on seeing those side bags was how the reflector was integrated into the design. Maybe it wasn't just a reflector but wired up to be used as a side emergency/warning light? If so, how it was wired? But drats!, foiled again. Looked at the Tracer GT and see it uses the same bags. Then I remembered reading something about the new Euro standards and how they've adopted our requirement for side reflectors. Maybe that ol' stuck-on look will be a thing of the past soon.

RossKean posted: Interesting to see the non-ES forks. Wonder what the "Mode" switchbox is?
Off = fast as lightning.

On = faster.

BigOgre posted: On their website it's labeled as a "Light Controller". I'm guessing for activating different modes of warning lights?
Probably. Handle Code 1 or Handle Code 3 as I remember from the 1-Adam-Twelve TV shows.

Dammit. If their 'Smuggler trunk' equivalent has any real storage capacity, this could become the focus of my daydreaming activities. Does anyone know if this is available for sale to us non-LEO types? Or, "Hey, 'Zilla! Want to buy one for me? I can send you a check ..."

Thanks for the photos, rdrasher.

Dammit. If their 'Smuggler trunk' equivalent has any real storage capacity, this could become the focus of my daydreaming activities. Does anyone know if this is available for sale to us non-LEO types? Or, "Hey, 'Zilla! Want to buy one for me? I can send you a check ..."
You can thank sapest for the Aussie link - and the mild sticker shock.

https://www.firstclassmotorcycles.com.au/partFinder/fiche/yamaha/2017/fjr1300aph-polic/alternate-2-for-chassis#ficheZone

I saw it Sunday and sent a complaint to corporate sales, who immediately sent a good reply back.

"Hi Dan,

Thank you for contacting Yamaha and for sharing your feedback from Daytona.

The FJR1300P you saw at Daytona was not intended to be a part of our display. We are in the process of transporting that bike to a dealer in Florida so they can provide demos to an interested agency. It was easiest for us to load it on our show truck that was already going to Daytona.

That being said, there is no reason we couldn’t have pulled it around front into the display, even if only for part of the event.

I’ll reach out to our event staff to discuss, and will also ensure that our staff is up to speed on this bike.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Wel, well, well! All you Florida boys better keep your eyes peeled for Smokies on FJRs!

And let us know if you see a police FJR. Might be worth an RTE:

Come one, come all to the FJR Cop Bike RTE! Meet us in <insert city here> to see a police version of the FJR, eat smoked mullets, and shoot the shit with a pack of biker bros!

partzilla link for the box

I have a 2014 (ex)police bike.

The annoying thing about it is you can't run a standard rear rack/top box with it because it extends too far back.

Also there's no internal liner so things can disappear never to be found again unless they're placed in a bag first.

Good link, and mild sticker shock to say the least.  Pass.   

Now that the '20 week / show is almost here, curious to see how Yammie's presentation will be.