Portland Maine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geezum, it's been a spell, but I can't remember anywhere in Buxton proper. You may wanna look in Saco, just a few clicks south east on 112 or further north east in Scarborough or north to Gorham up Narragansett Rd.

I'm embarrassed that after 37 years of traveling Maine, I can't suggest any motels in that area, prolly because it was so close to home that I never had to stay out.

Assuming you're coming in from the north, get off the Maine Turnpike at Gray and take 202\4 to Gorham and thru to Reynolds. I think there are several places on that route that will be reasonable.

If you come in on I-295, head to US-1 in South Portland, should be some there. Prolly stay away from the Maine Mall/Airport, the prices are likely quite high. It's a fairly quick ride on rte 22 from S. Portland over to Reynolds. When you get to Rte202/4, take a right, it's about a mile north to the bike shop.

Just curious, why Reynolds?

Have a great trip. If you need anything, call Charlie @ 207-557-2746

Just curious, why Reynolds?
Perhaps because they're willing to sell a USA type FJR to a Canuck?

Just a guess. But if that's right he could be staying at the Taj Mahal with the C$ he'll be saving. ;)
When I was looking for my FJR, I went to Reynolds twice with the money in my checking acct, ready to write one up. Both times it took about 20 mins before they would even acknowledge my presence. Then they wouldn't budge off full list plus the usual add ons. Ended up buying from Ken's Yamaha in Norway, ME for $12000 even, before taxes, etc. a savings of about $1300.

If you're trying to buy an FJR, have you tried any of the other Maine dealers? Woody's in Topsham, good people; Central Maine Powersports in Lewiston, likewise, and they have a nice black 08 in the showroom. Or Friend and Friend in Ellsworth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ex-Mainiac TWN?
Close. Connecticut, actually. Spent most of my free time up in that area of Maine, had a gal almost fooled into marrying me up in Brunswick, but she came to her senses. My current plan is to retire somewhere around Limington or Limerick, just west of Sebago. There's some land I've been eyeballin' for over 20 years... ;)

Canadian,

You can't go wrong by looking at the "Maine Mall" area of South Portland, right beside I-95/turnpike. Even in just the past year, more hotels have gone in. Plenty of motels, as well, especially a mile closer to the Portland International Jetport. Reynolds is just 15 or 20 minutes away. I'm in So. P. and trying to get my wife to go on this run.