Possible group buy for heated clothing.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my winter goods yesterday, just couldn't wait. I found a great site with the great prices. (www.tonker.com) The prices are already the lowest I've found and they offer promo code BAB for an additional 5% off. No Gerbing, but they do have tourmaster / firstgear. For instance, the Synergy Jacket Liner is priced at $161.99...pretty good, with the BAB discount it's $153.89. The catch is no free shipping with the BAB discount so you have to order enough to keep the value over free shipping. I ordered about $700 worth of stuff and still saved $18 over the free shipping only offer.
FYI.
For jacket or pants liner, which is better tourmaster or firstgear?

I bought my winter goods yesterday, just couldn't wait. I found a great site with the great prices. (www.tonker.com) The prices are already the lowest I've found and they offer promo code BAB for an additional 5% off. No Gerbing, but they do have tourmaster / firstgear. For instance, the Synergy Jacket Liner is priced at $161.99...pretty good, with the BAB discount it's $153.89. The catch is no free shipping with the BAB discount so you have to order enough to keep the value over free shipping. I ordered about $700 worth of stuff and still saved $18 over the free shipping only offer.
FYI.
For me it came down to fit. The Tourmaster pants fit me better and I wear it with the new Firstgear Kilimanjaro 4 jacket. Nice combo.

[

What I'm finding is that there is no better than...it's really a matter of opinion. They are all good items, I hear good and bad about most except Gerbing...they're the best I guess as well as the most expensive. I went with the Synergy by Tour Master so I didn't have to install a heat controller and it's a lot less expensive. I don't know if it's better than anything else because it's the only heated gear I've tried, but I will tell you it fits great and warms up nicely. That's all I wanted and it was a almost three hundred cheaper than a Gerbing setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.