Possible Group Buy, Garmin Zumo 390lm

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneckj

Reaction score
I am wanting to organize a group buy on the Garmin Zumo 390lm. There will need to be a minimum of 10 people for the group buy to happen. After reading on the "Group Buy" it advised someone to post a thread, as I am, to make sure there was enough interest to continue with the actual Group Buy. The price for the Garmin Zumo 390lm will be $599. Shipping will only be $10. This seems to be a great deal for the FJR community. If you are interested in this Group Buy, please post and I will monitor when we have over 10 people committed.

1387583811_zpsbc451184.png
[/url]

As someone who's owned several car Garmins that I use on my bikes, I don't get the need to spend 5 times as much simply because it may be more waterproof and you don't have to yank a glove off. My bluetooth 2595LMT has survived rain and wind and still guides me along the twisty and narrow, and I only paid $120 for it.

I have had the Garmin Zumo 660 for about 5 years. Feature for feature, their other models don't compare. Several friends have other Garmin models, because it's cheaper, as well as the TomTom and Magellan.

The Zumo 660 has built in bluetooth, MP3 player, computer routing, extremely easy snap-on/off from the sturdy cradle it comes with, it recognizes the motorcycle vs. car cradle and comes with both, integration with both my Sena SMH10 and Blackberry phone are seamless, gives me avg speed, elevation, compass direction, top speed, the posted speed limit, time and distance to destination, lane guidance, and quite a few other features I'm sure I missed. It automagically connects to both the Sena and Blackberry on powerup. I can just press "phone" on the Zumo and I get the entire list of contacts on the phone.

I ride about 20-25,000 miles per year. I plan 3,000+ mile rides with plenty of interesting stops on my computer and load it on the Zumo. When I'm out in a completely strange area of the country and hungry, it's cool that I can search for a restaurant that sounds interesting and can just press the phone number on the Zumo and it connects me. I ask the restaurant a few choice questions, then press "go" and it takes me there.

My Zumo 660 has been reliable for over 100,000 miles and I continue to use it. Being IPX7 rated waterproof is just one feature.

P.S. - No I don't work for Garmin, nor have anything to do with their company. Just a Zumo fan.

FWIW, I like my 660 also and wouldn't "step down" to one of these. However some people don't want all the features the 660 offers. So this may be a good alternative.