Post custom FJR that you have

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the standard FJR wheels, i've polished it up to look like that. It's not chrome :lol: BTW ... You can't chrome the FJR wheels, there is something inside the material that will show yellowish spots if you chrome it, I've tested an small part to see if chrome work, it simple don't so i polished all up.
I think your efforts to polish your Dad's Feej look very good... You must have access to all the nice, trick polishing bobs, wheels, compounds, etc. The wheels look especially nice. A bitch to keep looking good, but nice!

I find I have fallen into the "wash it a couple of times a year" crowd now on my 06 FJR.

Why? Well, primarily because a film of road splooge helps hide the multiple scratches, dings, etc. from dropping this heavy bugger a number of times. The combination of 69 year old legs with a 28" inseam (with a lack of technique thrown in) has conspired to an accumulation of road rash on both sides.

I've gone the route of polishing aluminum castings and parts on my old Kawasaki 750 Zephyr. Looks good, but I won't be doing it again, thankyouverymuch!

As with every thing else in life: Different strokes for different folks! Nice job.

Don

It's the standard FJR wheels, i've polished it up to look like that. It's not chrome :lol: BTW ... You can't chrome the FJR wheels, there is something inside the material that will show yellowish spots if you chrome it, I've tested an small part to see if chrome work, it simple don't so i polished all up.
I think your efforts to polish your Dad's Feej look very good... You must have access to all the nice, trick polishing bobs, wheels, compounds, etc. The wheels look especially nice. A bitch to keep looking good, but nice!

I find I have fallen into the "wash it a couple of times a year" crowd now on my 06 FJR.

Why? Well, primarily because a film of road splooge helps hide the multiple scratches, dings, etc. from dropping this heavy bugger a number of times. The combination of 69 year old legs with a 28" inseam (with a lack of technique thrown in) has conspired to an accumulation of road rash on both sides.

I've gone the route of polishing aluminum castings and parts on my old Kawasaki 750 Zephyr. Looks good, but I won't be doing it again, thankyouverymuch!

As with every thing else in life: Different strokes for different folks! Nice job.

Don

Thank you :)

"Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a Farkleholic...I've come to Farkle Anonymous at the gentle prodding of my family and friends

I will attend all monthly meetings here at Farkles Anonymous

I will daily ask my higher power for help with my addiction

I will no longer visit dealerships, ebay, or internet stores

I will cancel my motorcycle magazines, journals, and my AMA membership

If tempted, I will call my sponsor RadioHowie for help and advice

My name is Mike, and I'm a Farkleholic" -- Patriot.

Patriot! Dude... just found this thread. you rock.

just sayin. i'm new to this kind of 'custom work'. i'm sure we will be talking. you clearly have it mastered.

Last edited by a moderator:
fjr-unica.jpg
Probably titled "peacock fucked by a candy cane". :unsure:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...Better late than never

I think your efforts to polish your Dad's Feej look very good...

Thank you :)
Sounds interesting. It'd be nice to see the pics (all not found! :( )