Post up: Personal Most: Weight needed to balance a tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
What's the toughest tire you've ever balanced, 'cause I'm thinking of adding a larger-than-standard amount of ceramic beads at the impending tire change, as my front has had a vibe over 85 that has gotten less intense as the tire has worn.

[Jack]Skooter, your Soltek bracket worry has been well tested, and if my nose frame hasn't cracked yet, it probably won't. However, I don't know that it isn't cracked already until I get a look in there.[/Jack]

I wondered if adding some more beads would fix the front vibe, but I've been too lazy to bust the bead down and pour 'em in (I'll probably do it when the new rear goes on). Don't wanna have the same issue on the new PR2....

What's the toughest tire you've ever balanced,
I think it's the Avon Azzaro I have just installed!!!

I have 1 ounce on the rim, and 2 ounces of beads inside, and it still shakes when I get it over 100 mph!! The D220 I just took off had 1 ounce of beads......that was it. Perfectly smooth. I will be taking the tire back off and attempting another balance this weekend. So far I'm not a fan of the Azzaro.........and that damn tread pattern on the front..... WTF!!!! The thing wiggles at a walking pace, very strange. I'll let you know how much more weight I need.

What's the toughest tire you've ever balanced, 'cause I'm thinking of adding a larger-than-standard amount of ceramic beads at the impending tire change, as my front has had a vibe over 85 that has gotten less intense as the tire has worn.
[Jack]Skooter, your Soltek bracket worry has been well tested, and if my nose frame hasn't cracked yet, it probably won't. However, I don't know that it isn't cracked already until I get a look in there.[/Jack]

I wondered if adding some more beads would fix the front vibe, but I've been too lazy to bust the bead down and pour 'em in (I'll probably do it when the new rear goes on). Don't wanna have the same issue on the new PR2....
I thought that you could just remove your valve core and install the beads that way, no need to break the bead.

Mac