Posting Photos before 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to get past just showing the link. How can I get the actual image to show up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you are using a PC and windows:

Copy the link to your clipboard.

Click on the little photo icon in the menu bar above the reply to post area.

Paste the link to the photo into the dialog box that pops up.

Tried it using Firefox and Chrome. No photo icon on the toolbar. Only Link icon. Using windows 10. Will try Microsoft Edge now.

You should have an "Image" icon on the toolbar.

Edit: The Image icon doesn't work with Internet Explorer.

In any case, you can just copy/paste the Photobucket img code for your photo

OK. Can't see how I missed that icon. But I just tried it and I get the "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" message. I've tried pasting the photobucket IMG code and get the same message.

OK, progress. From Photobucket,. copy the "Direct" link to be pasted into that dialog box, not the "html" or "IMG" link. The string you are pasting should end in ".jpg"

Here's the Direct link into the photo dialog box Success! Thanks Fred.
Tools-annotated_zpse9edox3v.jpg

Or right click on the image in the page, choose "show/view image", then copy and paste THAT URL (which should end in JPG).
Ye gods! That works! Much simpler than all this "sharing" stuff!!!

Or, to eliminate one more step, right click on the image you want and select "Copy Image Location" (Firefox) or "copy image address" (Chrome), or the similar selection in your browser of choice, and past that string ending in ".jpg" into the forum's insert Image dialog box.

So what other photo hosting websites do you guys like to use besides Photobucket? I'm sorry, but you guys aren't worth the $40 a month they want to charge now to share my pictures with you, so I need to find another free alternative.

From the Imgur web site terms of service:

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network."

Ummm... isn't that exactly what we all want to do? :unsure:

Northwoods Snowman posted: .... you guys aren't worth the $40 a month they want to charge now to share my pictures with you, so I need to find another free alternative.
+1

(Flickr. Amazing that they misspelled their website name.)
grin.gif

if you are having trouble getting your images from IMGUR to show up, when you do the paste into the IMAGE dialog box, delete the "s" from the HTTP part of the address...

ex: https://i.imgur.com/NXyhmHB.jpg ...change to ..( https://i.imgur.com/NXyhmHB.jpg ) note the "S" was removed.

Can't see your posted pic.
Not relevant anymore. Posting photos is very different in the current forum software iteration. You used to have to have the picture hosted somewhere on-line and include a specifically formatted link in your post (you can still do that).

Now, you can simply copy and paste a photo from your computer or phone directly into your post. Resize, if desired, by dragging the corner of the photo... Photos "live" on the forum and won't disappear if the original links change or are eliminated and you don't have to maintain a photo hosting service for the purpose of posting photos here. Couldn't be easier.

1654535139329.jpeg

Thanks RossKean for the note. I'm going to close this thread and modify the title slightly to note it's been superceded. If you'd like to start a new thread and seed it with note similar to what you just did--feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.