Posting Photos before 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, do exactly that. But the only way to make it work is to edit it all down like I described. If I leave it as is, I get the error message that the format is not allowed. So, what am I doing wrong?
The following is EXACTLY what I do, and I have never had any problems:

In PB thumbnail view, click in the IMG box. Copy it- right click/copy, special key/copy, whatever.

In PB single pic view, click in the IMG box. It should come up with "COPIED" in a momentary yellow box.

Come back to your post and paste it- right click/paste, whatever. No clicking switches, no additional icons, nothing. Just paste it. Done. Click on more reply options. Yes, I too get the error message but when I scroll done the pic is always there. Always.

Panorama of Mobile (AL) Bay from the east with a great view of the back of Ken the HD Guy's head
punk.gif

IMG_20150627_113058906_zpsarhltzqy.jpg

Is there a way to do this without using photobucket, etc.?
Nope.
To expand on Abercrombie's brief, but accurate reply, you'll need to have your photos on a photo hosting site. You CANNOT post a photo directly from your computer, iPad, phone, etc.. Bandwidth is a precious little thing, and forums that allow to directly post a photo from your computer, pay dearly for it. To avoid paying those costs, simply linking to a photo will give the same result.
What you need to do is to find a photo hosting site, Photobucket is just one of many. Upload your photos to your photo hosting site (make certain your photos are in .jpg format and not .jpeg format) and then you will link the photo here.

More info can be found here https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/137849-posting-photos-using-photobucket/

This is specifically for Photobucket, but you can apply this to any photo hosting site, or just use Photobucket. ;)

If I gotta suffer...y'all gotta suffer.
rolleyes.gif

Besides, I've got a new one...just waiting for it to be delivered...

Last edited by a moderator:
Red is the color of passion, love, anger, hatred. The most powerful emotions, all represented with varying shades of red.

Nope. You sent the link to the page of the "screen show" (it ends in HTML).

You need the direct photo so you can either:

1. Along the right is a link called "direct". Copy and paste it into the image tool here.

2. Right-click on the image, VIEW IMAGE, then use the URL address in the top address bar of the browser.

Either will get you the url that I have taken https:// i1232 dot photobucket dot com / off of. You would have that plus the below for a valid link.

albums/o787/neerbeer1/bb2ae83b-7504-4f89-983c-93205b287e25_zps43la6hvn.jpg

That's the text string to paste into the image tool here.

bb2ae83b-7504-4f89-983c-93205b287e25_zps43la6hvn.jpg

OFF TOPIC: How does Mr. neerbeer have a post count of one when I see three neerbeer posts immediately above this one? Does the FJRForum server have a faulty count-up chip? Sometimes all this high-tech stuff really confuses me.
dribble.gif

OFF TOPIC: How does Mr. neerbeer have a post count of one when I see three neerbeer posts immediately above this one? Does the FJRForum server have a faulty count-up chip? Sometimes all this high-tech stuff really confuses me.
dribble.gif
Here's a little helpful tip to help not violate rule #10 on this forum: If you find yourself typing a warning like "OFF TOPIC" at the beginning of your post...then you're probably violating the rule.

Please don't do that.
wink.png

If the question still plagues you...start a new thread in Software or Board Operation or reread Important Information For New Users thread you were strongly encouraged to when you signed in 2012...the answer is in there.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.