Posting Photos, I Hope

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciated the photos. There were a couple I hadn't seen before. Both of my parents were at Pearl when it happened, but my father never would talk about it as he was a diver recovering bodies from the ships.

Thanks again!

Have you ordered any digital prints form Smugmug? I am curious in the quality of there prints, I had not heard of them yet...

Thx, Jason

This particular group of pictures was alleged to have been taken by a sailor with a Brownie camera that remained undiscovered in a footlocker until recently found. All of these pictures are actually archival photos that have been available since the early 1940s.

Smugmug's prints can't be better than the quality of the source picture in addition to the size of the source picture. The pictures that Indian Scout has posted average around 725 x 525 pixels which is pretty small and will yield fairly poor 4 x 6" prints. Plus, the originals are already of poor quality to begin with.

Some sites like Photobucket limit your pictures to 1024 x 768 which will yield a very good 4 x 6" print but won't do so good as 8.5 x 11"

Last edited by a moderator: