Posting Pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to already have the picture on the internet somewhere else. As in your own website, webspace, free pic host site, or pirate someone else's pic (my favorite!).

Then what I do it right click the pic to get the properties, copy the URL, then click the image button above, and paste the URL.

Easy.

2xradarb4_anim.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to already have the picture on the internet somewhere else. As in your own website, webspace, free pic host site, or pirate someone else's pic (my favorite!).

Thanks. I was not aware they had free picture host sites and I don't have a web page. I see if I can find one.

Be careful out there. They'll want your left cahone and then give you spam and spyware to boot. Or re-boot as the case may be.

Be careful out there. They'll want your left cahone and then give you spam and spyware to boot. Or re-boot as the case may be.
Thanks for the warning. Maybe I'll just sign up with FJRocket's pirate club. :pirate:

Arrrrr~!! :pirate: :pirate:

I was getting to the point where I was running out of the measley 10 meg webspace my IP was "giving" me, so I went searching for free sites. I gave up and signed up for my own space. Like $3 a month for more gigs than I could probably ever use, unless I go commercial.

It's nice to have lots of headroom for posting "stuff".

FJRocket, were did you get that weather map, I like it!! :bleh:
right-clicking on the photo and then selecting "properties" reveals the link to the photo:

https://66.28.250.180/data/640x480/2xradarb4_anim.gif

from there you can shoot over to 66.28.250.180 and see that it's: FORBIDDEN

Rats!

so then step forward to 66.28.250.180/data and, at the bottom of the screen it shows wundergound.com (Weather Underground) before it fails again.

Simple!

:D

I like the weather map but would like to get it of my area?? Any ideas?

I like the weather map but would like to get it of my area??  Any ideas?
Other than how painfully painful it would be if you put it in every post like some people do with their extended graphical sig blocks?

You can find the stuff at weather underground like I explained above.

2xradarc3_anim.gif

Yep, all you have to do is go to ANY page (Weather Underground, Intellicast, WSI, Weather Channel) and right click the image for it's properties. Depending on how they set up the image (fixed public type address or super secret internal coded image) then you may or may not be able to use the image. I have a weather page on my web site for flying and riding. Check it out. You can get some ideas from there.

BTW, those sites you link to may not like you pirating their images. If you publish them, you should at least give them credit and a link, if not flat out ask for permission. End disclaimer.

pie_None_anim.gif