Powder Outlet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPORT

Reaction score
I'm hoping to take delievery of my (New to me) '05 FJR w/ABS next Friday. Just researching the '05's (aka. GenI) to be familiar with what it has and has not. Is there an OEM power outlet located anywhere on the '05 FJR's?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Because some people wanted to use baby powder while others saw a need for Monkey Butt Powder. Some of the ladies wanted facial powder and the argument ensued with no clear winner so Yamaha decided NOT to include the Powder Outlet option on the Gen I bikes. :lol2:

Power outlets have been installed by many of us. Some use cigarette outlets and others use Jastek (BMW-type). There are several available and are mounted in different locations. One kit mounts under the silver side panel ahead of the passenger footrest (left side). I have mine in the black dash panel on the right so I can power my tank bag.

I have mine in the black dash panel on the right so I can power my tank bag.
Don't you mean "So I can powder my tank bag"?

If that wasn't a Froidien slip :rolleyes:

It is rather surprising that Yamaha didn't make that a standard feature on ALL FJR's????

I guess that'll be the first mod to be done.

Thank you for the powdering tips. :D :drinks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Because some people wanted to use baby powder while others saw a need for Monkey Butt Powder. Some of the ladies wanted facial powder and the argument ensued with no clear winner so Yamaha decided NOT to include the Powder Outlet option on the Gen I bikes.
:lmaosmiley:
Good one...and, my thoughts exactly!

But, I did add 2 Powerlets (one switched, one unswitched) to D panel on my '05. Plan to add 2 more next winter for front & back heated gear.

It is rather surprising that Yamaha didn't make that a standard feature on ALL FJR's????
Don't think they magically fixed things on the Gen II's in this regard. It's in the glovebox and has such a weak fuse that one can only really power a cell phone with the lid closed. By doing your own Powerlet anywhere you want...you can make it beefy enough even to run an air compressor!

Nope. Because some people wanted to use baby powder while others saw a need for Monkey Butt Powder. Some of the ladies wanted facial powder and the argument ensued with no clear winner so Yamaha decided NOT to include the Powder Outlet option on the Gen I bikes. :lol2:
That's good Mike. I was thinking the same thing :D :D :D

Latest posts