Power Commander Iii Usb

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
Coming from all carb bikes I am use to buying jet kits that tell you what type of performance gains to expect HP/TQ etc. You also get other aspects such as richening the fuel mixture since most have you turn the air/fuel screw and throttle response is a given.

The PCIII for the fjr doesn't seem to give those as gains. Are the gains from this unit more for richening the fuel, getting the correct CO2 levels, throttle response, eliminating shuttering etc and not really for any real HP/TQ gains? Just smothing out the rough edges?

Coming from all carb bikes I am use to buying jet kits that tell you what type of performance gains to expect HP/TQ etc. You also get other aspects such as richening the fuel mixture since most have you turn the air/fuel screw and throttle response is a given.
The PCIII for the fjr doesn't seem to give those as gains. Are the gains from this unit more for richening the fuel, getting the correct CO2 levels, throttle response, eliminating shuttering etc and not really for any real HP/TQ gains? Just smothing out the rough edges?
The correct mixture will do all of those things, and give some performance increase. The question is, how much, and will you notice.

It seems to me after reading many threads on the subject that people are happy with these benefits, but it is nearly impossible to quantify performance gains without back to back dyno runs. The butt dyno is not a good measure.

The shop I bought my bike from has a dyno. At $50 a pop I could get it dyno'd stock and then take it back after pc install and have it done again I guess to see what the diff's are. I will see if the $50 covers more than just one run...