Pre rally sleep...or lack thereof

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you other riders literally losing sleep over this rally?

I honestly didn't think I would get all that nervous about the upcoming ride, at least not until a couple days before the start when the reality of what I was about to embark upon would hit me like a well aimed frying pan. But for the last couple of months now I am lucky if I get more than 4 hours of sleep a night.

So has this rally created other fellow insomniacs?

Any of you other riders literally losing sleep over this rally?
I honestly didn't think I would get all that nervous about the upcoming ride, at least not until a couple days before the start when the reality of what I was about to embark upon would hit me like a well aimed frying pan. But for the last couple of months now I am lucky if I get more than 4 hours of sleep a night.

So has this rally created other fellow insomniacs?
I am not losing sleep yet but I will at some point. I have a hard time sleeping even for a BBG ride even though I have done 40 of them. Right now life and work have me very busy but I do spend some time everyday thinking, planning or organizing for the IBR. When I can't sleep before a ride I just tell myself it's only 60 hours who needs sleep.
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Not losing any sleep yet, but I will. Actually the whole sleep thing will be one of my biggest challenges. I never sleep well before a rally and I haven't done one >36hrs. I'm just hoping that after the first couple days, that I'll be able to sleep when my head hits the pillow. I'm going to plan on 5hrs/night and see how that works out for me. But yeah, the nerves will be in overdrive in the coming weeks.

Recently I have not slept as soundly as in the past. I have vague recurring dreams/nightmares? That I forgot to buy something, get something, do something prior to the rally. Shoulda coulda woulda type stuff. Pre-rally tension I call it.