Problem with 905 Crashbars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rummy

Reaction score
Had them mounted up for about 8 months

IMG_0423.jpg

It looks to me like your aux light mount is placing the weld in tension from the cantilevered weight of the lights on the extended mount.

Do you also use those as cruising foot pegs? If so, that would also add to the stress...

Don't know if that could truly be considered a defect in manufacturing or not.

Have you called the company yet? What did they say?

Don

It looks to me like your aux light mount is placing the weld in tension from the cantilevered weight of the lights on the extended mount.Do you also use those as cruising foot pegs? If so, that would also add to the stress...

Don
The light is very light weight (plastic case) hardly weights anything. I don't run foot pegs.

I just discovered it today and will call 905 Monday morning.

Actually, I just looked up the purchase and install date is less than 6mos.

Can anybody with this set up please post some picts of the unit installed. I'm interested in how it looks, and maybe getting a set. thanx.

Chay

Can anybody with this set up please post some picts of the unit installed. I'm interested in how it looks, and maybe getting a set. thanx.
Chay
There was a entire thread on the 905 bars. Try searching google with this 905 site:fjrforum.com.

You will get lots of hits. The one about the group buy has lots of pictures.

It looks to me like your aux light mount is placing the weld in tension from the cantilevered weight of the lights on the extended mount.Do you also use those as cruising foot pegs? If so, that would also add to the stress...

Don
A broken weld is a bad weld.

I emailed Stephanie the pictures and told her about my broken weld on my 905 Crash Bars.

She said they were warrantied. Just send them back and they will take care of it.

Nice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you just need to worry about dragging the bars and levering yourself off the ground.
I've been told by 905 they have re-designed the bars to give more ground clearance so contact with the ground happens after footpeg feelers have touched.