Problem with Power Commander

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DB43725

Reaction score
If you warm the bike up she will run good for about 5 to 6 miles, then it seems to loose a cylinder. Park the bike for 45 mins and startit back up and she runs fine for a wile. then will loose a cylinder and its normaly between 3K and 4K RPMS. If you stay hard on the throtle it seems to come outa of it. So today I disconnected the Power Commander and hooked back up the O2 sencer and rode it all day and she was fine. Its seems to be flooding one or 2 cylinders on the left side as thats where the smoke comes outa that pipe when it goes into one of its fits. Could their be something wrong with that commander , as in when it heats up ? Anyone else ever had this happen ? The bike has DW slip ons and no cats,, runs much better with the PC till it looses the cylinder. Anyway was hoping someone could give me some ideas.

TKS DB

Last edited by a moderator:
:bigeyes: Called them today ,,,, They told me to reset the PC,, this is all well and good ,, if it wasnt for those nasty azz connectors. Maybe they will get easyer as this process of on and off again comes to a close. :rolleyes:

The Reset function would probably cure a lot of ill's if more people knew about it. Go Here and select the very bottom tutorial, "Reset Power Commander". You must reload your map of choice, and re-set throttle position when done. When in doubt, reset. ;)

Thanks FNG I have been looking as how to do this but was not able to find any reset fuction till you posted ,, again many thanks,,just hope it works.

Reset complete,, took for a test drive and all is well,, brain box musta been in a stuper,,lol Now it seems just a tad lean comming off idel.. up to about 2K rpms ,,can I just bump up the Low side using the Button on the Power Commander without messing the rest of the running up ?

Reset complete,, took for a test drive and all is well,, brain box musta been in a stuper,,lol Now it seems just a tad lean comming off idel.. up to about 2K rpms ,,can I just bump up the Low side using the Button on the Power Commander without messing the rest of the running up ?
What map are you using? The maps that are most used have no off idle problems, in fact, that is one of the real benefits of using the PC, and why many get them.

Wallys smootheness map. And the O2 sencer is disconnected. It just seems to happen after bike is good and warmed up and at slow speed, just when you roll on the throttle slowly,once ya get past this point it seems right on. Its just a slite studder,then it picks upand takes off.

Ok I think I finally got it,, As long as it runs the way its running now and dont change. as i rode it this evening and all is well ,roll on the throttle at 15 Hundred RPMs in a higher gear and shes as smoothe as silk,,no sturddering or missing,and it will pickup at any RPM just as smoothe. I changed maps(Dale Walkers New Map),

test rode and had just a slite studder between 3K and 4K RPMs,, came back and bumped the low end button up 3 lights and installed the Accell Pump Utility, and set the sencetivity to 85% and its just perfect. It looks like the only differance between the bike they set the map up on and mine is the air cleaner. Now as long as tommorows ride it dont deside to throw me a curve ball.. :D

Well it came back ,,, I done all i know to do I guess pull the Power Commander and send it back,, I just wonder if they can fix it ? Reason I ask this is it seems to be intermint.

Latest posts