Project KZ1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm on a roll here -

The mighty Honda CBX - love the front broad shoulders look -

Hondacbx1050.jpg
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1980-Honda-Cbx1000-100506755 Damn you Carver, damn you to Hell! You purposely had to mention the CBX. I intentionally did not mention the CBX earlier, because I have had a blue-veined throbbing woodie for that sixer ever since I first rode one back in 1979. Now look at what you have made me do: There is one just down the road from you in Taft, CA for $4,500. Now you have to ride your ass over there and look at it for me! Ya Peckerhead!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondacbx1050.jpg
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1980-Honda-Cbx1000-100506755 Damn you Carver, damn you to Hell! You purposely had to mention the CBX. I intentionally did not mention the CBX earlier, because I have had a blue-veined woodie for that sixer ever since I first rode one back in 1979. Now look at what you have made me do: There is one just down the road from you in Taft, CA for $4,500. Now you have to ride your ass over there and look at it for me! Ya Peckerhead!
If you are serious, I can be there Sunday...

Hondacbx1050.jpg
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1980-Honda-Cbx1000-100506755 Damn you Carver, damn you to Hell! You purposely had to mention the CBX. I intentionally did not mention the CBX earlier, because I have had a blue-veined woodie for that sixer ever since I first rode one back in 1979. Now look at what you have made me do: There is one just down the road from you in Taft, CA for $4,500. Now you have to ride your ass over there and look at it for me! Ya Peckerhead!
If you are serious, I can be there Sunday...
Mi Hermano Donaldo, if this CBX is still for sale in December, then Si Paco: I would like for you to check it out for me. I have way too many irons in the fire going right now, visiting my Mom next week in Orange and then towing dj bill's power boat back to Phoenix for some custom work; then the December 3rd Tech Day in San Diego.

But if I can get this for a rock bottom price, I'm definitely thinking about it. I'll have to store it over at Donna or Greg's house: No room left in my garage! A CBX would kick Marbach's skinny ass!

If for some wild reason you are riding past Taft, give me a call at 480-440-4666 and I will call the Seller directly to get some more detailed background information. No use your riding from Creston to Taft if there is some glitch, but the Seller says he has owned it for 16 years and only 25K miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondacbx1050.jpg
I've got a buddy here in town that one point, had 6 or 7 of them. He's down to 2 now though. An Interstate model that gets ridden pretty regularly, and a 'regular' one.

If I had a CBX I'd want to give it a square headlight and fly screen off a nighthawk 700. The headlight just doesn't do it for me on that bike.

I prefer bars the on picture #2 better the the 1st, but like the paint job on the 1st. I could do without the fat ass tire.
ahchiu - how about this? More your style? Dang, now I'm thinking about cafeing her..

kz1300cafe.jpg
^^^^That's something you can work with Don. Perhaps a *bit* less flash but looking good nonetheless!

--G

Don, as long as you give her a set of pipe's like these.

You can sing the lass a song, all night long!

DSCN1663.jpg

If I had a CBX I'd want to give it a square headlight and fly screen off a nighthawk 700. The headlight just doesn't do it for me on that bike.
How about a headlight set-up like Morris Kruempke's Gold Wing in the 1999 Iron Butt Rally pictured here;

mwing2.jpg

Could be a good fit for a wide shouldered girl, No?

I heard that facing this display was something like running a chicken race on the International runway at LAX with a Boeing 747 coming in for a landing with a heading directly at you...

...not sure if he was towing a boat though? :blink:

I sold. My 81 750f with the intent of buying a cbx, but life got in the way and it never happened. Just the sound of those sixes, woof.

A friend had a CBX with RC Engineering pipes, some of the sweetest 2 wheeled sounds you'll ever hear.

Old Michael, I had Z1-R also. Great bike in it's day. Most people were riding the LTD' s so the Z1-R was a little ahead of it's time.

There's this one (from the Barber Museum in Alabama) - Round headlight in a square cover:

DSC03032.jpg

And for Carver, the museum's KZ1300:

DSC03030.jpg