Project KZ1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife still can't understand why I'm sitting here, laughing like an idiot. Her friend Tracy laughed when I gave her the back ground. Lol...Dorks.

My wife still can't understand why I'm sitting here, laughing like an idiot. Her friend Tracy laughed when I gave her the back ground. Lol...Dorks.
Laughing like an Idiot?? Hell I figured that was normal for you..
fuck.gif

Howie? The zipper warning image made me squirm..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray sent pix of the Quacker today!

I have to say, for the first time, I'm now really jonesing to ride this bike..
regular_smile.gif

At first, I wasn't sure how powder coating the cases would look. I liked the polished aluminum look and all.. but now after seeing the powder coat.. it only seems appropriate that a Kawasaki Heavy Industries motobike look more industrial.. I like it. I also like the 6 into 1 exhaust. I think it looks coolio.

The backside. I need to ask Ray if the Voedesky Cyberlight is working. And I need to either source some Krauser saddle bags or fit something else. Givi's maybe?
This motobike will be ridden, and I'll need good solid side cases. Last time I looked, the Krauser StarLight bags were unobatinium.

Me thinks the seat cover looks really good. I wonder about the key switch swinging cover. I wonder if Ray fixed it up or if it still droops.

I'm really glad we left KrZyQuAck in the 70's livery. I think she looks fuckin' GREAT.
Damn, can't wait to ride this beast again.
Ray, put a purty and warm blanket on the ol' gurl.. time for me to head off to sweet riding dreams on La Pine Roads with a 79 KZ1300A1!

Next steps are to get registration and insurance in place so Ray can ride this beast and find out what doesn't work well. Of course, Ray might need some studded tires first, given the La Pine situation right now...

I am so proud and appreciative of Ray Slocomb and his quality of work. This engine is a complex mutha with hard to find and expensive parts. To see this motobike in the condition it is now as compared to the start is truly amazing. Ray, Thank You, many times over.

Now that I've buttered you all up and everything... ready to work on a couple of /2 BMW's?

Don, I'm more appreciative than you know of Rays work. Bringing that pile back to life is pretty dam awesome, you should have had a history channel documentation it!

Once in awhile I think about selling my avatar, and finding me a half used up something so I can get into the Arctic Circle and other times I think I should spend my life savings on that dam thing.

Well we think it's alive. It has been up to operating temp a few times and the fan cycles properly. All the fluids seem to be staying in their proper places. All the Electrics are functional including the add on rear lite. Got a few little details to finish up but except for a road thrash I think we are done.

1.jpg

Folks, that right there is why I've been a Kwaker Kweer all my life...​
I'd forgotten what "lust" felt like!!!

I+think+i+m+in+love+with+those+headphones+_14b5119cbc3923acdc2c8bf6c537c649.jpg

If Don breaks that sonofabeech...he is going to have the whole Forum come down on him. And I'm pretty sure a wrench will be flying through the air at his head from some place up nort.
No pressure man...
Oh suurrrre, Wheatie. Thanks for that vote of confidence? I mean, really, what have I ever broken? I dare you to come up with at least two things.. :whistle: :fuck:

Are you gonna admit how much you paid for those damn things. The guy in Germany gets even more than the E bay ones go for.

How do they attach???? double sided tape or do they replace the stock ones completely.???

I think I'll bead blast them and do bed liner black.
punk.gif

The fairing is back off of it for the final wiring clean up and mounting the new horns. soon to be under a cover between the FJR and the wing. Next one up for now is a BSA 441 Victor.

Yeah, they were ouch pricey but should plug n' play into existing grommets. And, I'm a sucka for Stainless Steel. Oh, bead blast and bed liner black?
no.gif

..and I picked up a spare rotor too
punk.gif

...and I found a guy who makes brass carb floats too..
punk.gif
punk.gif

Don, the bike is looking great. You need to enter it in the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club show in Auburn during late July 2014

Check out the club here https://www.cjmc.org/

May be another parts source - not that you need one with Ray on the job.

I'd be happy to trailer it to the show for you if you get the bike to my house or just ride it up here and spend the weekend with us. I can find something for you to ride while the bike is in the show plus we could catch speedway racing Friday night.

Don, the bike is looking great. You need to enter it in the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club show in Auburn during late July 2014
Check out the club here https://www.cjmc.org/

May be another parts source - not that you need one with Ray on the job.

I'd be happy to trailer it to the show for you if you get the bike to my house or just ride it up here and spend the weekend with us. I can find something for you to ride while the bike is in the show plus we could catch speedway racing Friday night.
By July 2015 it will be dirty, bug splatted, have an aux tank, LED lights, Surround Sound, and a AhhhOooooghaaa horn! ...and peoples choice? geesh, only 10 of us in the US bought the bike when it was new! Still, interesting idea Bug!

Given that the KrZyQuacKer is running, time to get old gurl registered and insured, so Ray can test drive and do the engine break in properly, without fear of arrest or death.

OK then, off to AAA, who, in CA, can issue registrations in a much nicer environment and with more qualified peeps than at the state run DMV office.

All was going well until nice AAA lady stated "We can't reauthorize off-list motorcyles. This bike has not been registered in xx years, and we can't help you.

Well, crap.

Evidently, the bike needs be brought to the DMV/CHP in the sovereign state of idiocy, Kali, so the engine numbers, frame numbers, smog crap!, and 'inspection' can take place.
..or, I can sell the bike to Ray and have it registered in Oregon, then have the KZ sold back to me.

Why, tell me why, all the 'El Toro Poo-Poo' needs to exist?

Latest posts