Project KZ1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool Ray...now on to the next project, huh?
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Yep!

UncleDutch, a 1960-ish BMW R60/2 and a R69/s...

1.jpg

3.jpg

At least UncleDutch is running, has only 2 cylinders, no chains anyfreaking where, and the electrical schematic fits onto a napkin... :whistle:

Along with the beemers I'm doing a T120 Bonneville for a friend in WA. a 57 Panhead for my neighbor. I need to build a couple more work stands . I'm also adding a 24x20 carport to the shop so I can get some stuff out of the shop.

Along with the beemers I'm doing a T120 Bonneville for a friend in WA. a 57 Panhead for my neighbor. I need to build a couple more work stands . I'm also adding a 24x20 carport to the shop so I can get some stuff out of the shop.
Expansion is the American way Ray, one never has too much storage room.

With all the great weather in the west, why have we not seen the KZ1300 in the wild yet?

Amazing that this thread started in November 2011.

The KZ has left the room. Nothing left to see here. I hope! It's running free in the land of fruits and nuts.:) :)

Well then, tomorrow at 0800 I get to face Calif DMV with the task of re-registering the kWacker. I've been told by uninformed people to NOT call asking about the status of a bike that's not been registered since 1994, as that will trigger past fees.

Rather, a rebuild of a 'parts' bike, in person is the way to go. Not sure if the incredibly reliable SNOPES web site would verify that or not....

I do have prominence, aka the pink slip, and a lot of registrations between 1979 and 1974. I even have the new vehicle slip from the dealer.

Unfortunately, the vehicle identification number on the frame was sandblasted away prior to power coating. I do, however, have pictures of the original vehicle identification number.

Geico was more than willing to insure the motorcycle for $128 a year. Of course, that does not include replacement cost.''

I'll keep everyone posted with what happens tomorrow.

Like anyone really cares,

:fuck:

Hugs n' Kisses

The VIN on the steering head was removed from the frame?? 10 to 1 that's gonna cause issues. Most of the time, registering/driving a vehicle with an obliterated VIN is illegal. IF they do a VIN inspection, you may be hosed.

If you call it a rebuild and explain the VIN was damaged during the process, which is the truth, they may assign a new "owner number" like they would do for a home made frame or trailer. Don't know how CA works, so good luck tomorrow.

A number / letter punch set will fix your VIN # issue. I know of a guy that used to generate his own VIN # for early 80's vintage Huskies because Huskies back in those days did not even have VIN numbers. You needed a VIN number to get a plate so the problem was resolved by making our own. When you know how the VIN code works it is not very hard.

Then again Huskies were still being built in Sweden back then so I guess we could have used a VIN# off a Volvo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then, tomorrow at 0800 I get to face Calif DMV with the task of re-registering the kWacker. I've been told by uninformed people to NOT call asking about the status of a bike that's not been registered since 1994, as that will trigger past fees.
Rather, a rebuild of a 'parts' bike, in person is the way to go. Not sure if the incredibly reliable SNOPES web site would verify that or not....

If you look close you should find that the VIN was protected and did not get ruined. It's hard to see with the fairing in place.

I do have prominence, aka the pink slip, and a lot of registrations between 1979 and 1974. I even have the new vehicle slip from the dealer.

Unfortunately, the vehicle identification number on the frame was sandblasted away prior to power coating. I do, however, have pictures of the original vehicle identification number.

Geico was more than willing to insure the motorcycle for $128 a year. Of course, that does not include replacement cost.''

I'll keep everyone posted with what happens tomorrow.

Like anyone really cares,

:fuck:

Hugs n' Kisses

DO NOT punch your own VIN or try to modify your current one. That is a felony in every state and requires a vehicle to be destroyed. If your VIN is hard to see, that's no big deal. You only run into problems if it's obliterated, which doesn't sound like the case because Ray handled that.

You're probably good. No MVD people are going to go looking for secondary VINs.

Well blow me down. In and out in 6 minutes, first in line (made appt), 84 us dollars and I have a red cali sticker! WooHoo!

Ray - I'll go take a peek at the steering head now that it's daylight. When I last looked, it was dark and flashlight and brain were dim.

Will someone please just go out and ride that thing? (and preferably post a picture).
We need closure here! :bike:
A-f'ing-MEN, Tom !!!

We've been following this resurrection saga for years now, and we've never seen any evidence of this motorcycle being ridden. Stories about it? Sure. But c'mon - even the Candybutt prez knows pics are required on the internet.

Will someone please just go out and ride that thing? (and preferably post a picture).
We need closure here! :bike:
A-f'ing-MEN, Tom !!!

We've been following this resurrection saga for years now, and we've never seen any evidence of this motorcycle being ridden. Stories about it? Sure. But c'mon - even the Candybutt prez knows pics are required on the internet.
A-frickin-MEN!!!!

Photo, preferably with a wheelie and 6 blazing header pipes!

Photo, preferably with a wheelie and 6 blazing header pipes!
Actually Mark, I was hopin for at least one pic with the big Kwak twenty feet off the ground in a motocross exercise on the Hondarosa's track. Flashbacks of Bronson flying a Sportster through the air, maybe, but that big Ricer 6 should have even more power to launch with.

Last edited by a moderator: