Props To The Wing Brigade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FightOrFlight

Reaction score
I just wanted to recognize a great group of riders. I was heading out to have some fun on the FJR Saturday morning - it is a beautiful, sunny day here and the humidity is low. I was heading generally west on highway 94 toward Defiance and Augusta around 10:00AM when I can up on a group of about 10 Wing riders all in perfect formation. It didn't take the guy in the rear too long to see me. I was respectfully keeping my distance but I guess he figured that I wanted to ride at a slightly more "spirited" pace then their crew. Well, like a precision flying team they moved to the right shoulder and each one, one by one, waved me through. It was all done slowly and safely. What a cool experience and what a good group of riders they were. Respect to the Wing brigade!

It's nice when a group you wave through thanks you, too, which happened to me crossing the Pensacola Bay bridge a few months ago. It's 45 and drops to 35 when it lands, and I was doing 50. 5 bikes caught me, probably wanted to do 60 or so, I moved over and waved. They went through one at a time, safely, in the other tire track of my lane, and each one waved and beeped as he passed.

It's nice when you find folks that know what's going on, isn't it?

94...nice little road ain't it?
That loop is excellent. Pick up 94 at 40, ride to Washington, loop back through Labadie to Ossenfort, Wild Horse Creek, etc. Nice ride. I usually stop in Defiance for a drink and to watch the Hogs go by!
TT back up from Dutzow is also nice. 94 all the way to Hermann is a nice ride too. You can take 100 back to Washington.

We have some AWSOME roads out here :D