Public Service Announcment On A Fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a friend at the local Fox station and they asked me to help them out doing a Public Service Announcment (PSA) that will be aired for a few weeks. They liked my bike and I'm tickled our community of 150,000 (Tri-Cities, WA) will get to see the FJR on TV.

Draft script is campy, but I think PSA's are supposed to be. I figure I'll get to show off the HJC helmet Chalmers gave me at the Utah 1088 along with some Joe Rocket gear I wear.

While motorcycling this summer it is important to keep safety in mind.

When it comes to helmets, use your head.

Appropriate gear is vital.

Wear the right clothing. Bright colors get you noticed.

Ride defensively-be sure to stay out of driver’s blind spots and be a visible as possible.

Know the rules of the road and most importantly-ride sober. Alcohol and drugs affect judgment.

This message is sponsored by Shumate Motor Sports and FOX 11 TV.

We'll see if I can get a digital version of the spot for posting....

P.S. Funny thing is the motorcycle dealer sponsoring the spot doesn't carry Yamaha and I would be caught dead having them do service on my bike......but I can't let that get in the way of my close-up. :D

While motorcycling this summer it is important to keep safety in mind.When it comes to helmets, use your head.

Ride defensively-be sure to stay out of driver’s blind spots and be a visible as possible.

Know the rules of the road and most importantly-ride sober. Alcohol and drugs affect judgment.

And watch out for the stupid fukkin cagers.

Fixed. Or, in TV speak, edited copy :p

While motorcycling this summer it is important to keep safety in mind.When it comes to helmets, use your head.

And watch out for the stupid fukkin cagers.

Fixed. Or, in TV speak, edited copy :p
Oh, man! Wouldn't you just love to here that!

Is that spot for this year or next? Isn't summer almost over up there? A little behind getting started, aren't they? :huh:

We're in the banana belt of Washington. August is going to be roasty-toasty. We have a nice long summers until October here.

Just shot the PSA and they said it would be ready and airing next week. The camera guy said he'd send me a Quicktime of it. He and the account executive were in charge and both cut-ups.

My first shot was coming to a yield sign with a cage in right-of-way. I was supposed to nod, stop, and wave politely as he went by--you know to show good will of bikers to cagers. But, to set the tone for the shoot I, instead, flipped him off as he went by.

They both lost it and we spent 10 minutes laughing. That take will be in the bloopers reel!

My first shot was coming to a yield sign with a cage in right-of-way. I was supposed to nod, stop, and wave politely as he went by--you know to show good will of bikers to cagers. But, to set the tone for the shoot I, instead, flipped him off as he went by.
Oh that's priceless!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm surprised the three of you recomposed yourself in just 10 minutes. What was the cages response?

I didn't explain the setup very well. The account exec. there was pulling double duty and drove the cage as an actor.....so I was flipping off somebody I know.

He thinks I'm all about business so he was sort of stunned that I'd cut up like that. They showed the bit to the station manager (another great friend of mine) and she laughed her ass off too.

He thinks I'm all about business so he was sort of stunned that I'd cut up like that. They showed the bit to the station manager (another great friend of mine) and she laughed her ass off too.
See, had I done that here, it would have been back to detention for me. :blink: