• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Push Mountain Road -- Hwy 341 Arkansas -- stickers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Guy

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
A friend had these made and is selling them on the ZRX forum. I know, for a fact
smile.png
, that some of you folks really like the road and thought there may be some interest. If so, feel free to contact me personally, and we'll figure it out. The price is $1 for a triplet -- one large and two small. Minimum order is $2.

Push_Sticker01_zps55f635ce.jpg

Push_sicker02_zpsbd50f776.jpg

Push_sicker03_zpse4caaed4.jpg

I rode Push Mountain a couple of times on the way back from the Arkansas Twistybut. I remember there was a guy taking pics, similar to the Dragon photographers. This dude had a white van of some kind that was parked near the corner he was setup at and as I came hauling ass around the corner I thought it was a cop trap and I was about to be few hundred dollars poorer
not_i.gif
, as I got closer, after serious braking, I was quite relieved to find out he was just taking pics, but he messed up my rhythm none the less. This was the first time I'd seen anyone "setup" on this road. A little prior warning would have been nice
rolleyes.gif

If I recall, like most of the roads in AK, Push Mtn has that nice and grippy cheap-seal surface, so you get great traction but it does chew up your tires though.

I'd like some of these stickers please, will PM you Old Guy

@Wheaty didn't you do this road with us?

April32010201.jpg

April32010200.jpg

April32010199.jpg

April32010198.jpg

April32010196.jpg

I enjoyed riding the Push Mtn. road, but like Old Guy, I had trouble tying it into a riding loop, with overall far better riding west of there. I ended up just riding 412 back toward Harrison and into the Ozarks.

The roads in Arkansas are incredible, grip wise. On one tour, it rained a couple of days straight and after settling in and accepting the fact that it was going to be wet, I started to lean the bike over more. I found the grip to be fantastic - but I do agree that it eats tires. Guess you can't have that both ways.

I enjoyed riding the Push Mtn. road, but like Old Guy, I had trouble tying it into a riding loop, with overall far better riding west of there. I ended up just riding 412 back toward Harrison and into the Ozarks.
The roads in Arkansas are incredible, grip wise. On one tour, it rained a couple of days straight and after settling in and accepting the fact that it was going to be wet, I started to lean the bike over more. I found the grip to be fantastic - but I do agree that it eats tires. Guess you can't have that both ways.
From the north end, Hwy 5 south is pretty good. Then you can take 56 east over to 9 and south into Melbourne. Then that section of 9 to Mountain View is a hoot!

We decided a long time ago that Arkansas roads are tough on tires. It makes planning for tours tough trying to figure out whether I can go for a ride and still have enough tire for an upcoming tour. I had a spare rear wheel for the Goldwing, and that helped. No spares for the FJR, though.

That silly road doesn't go anywhere. You get to the north end and it's "Now what?" I just don't get it.
confusedsmiley.png

wink.png
You turn around and ride it the other way....that's what I did several times...
tonguesmiley.gif
Funny thing...I did too.

Although it's so flat straight and boring, I have no idea why anyone would ever want to ride that road. :D

I could ride Hwy 123 between Mt. Judea and Hagarville back and forth all friggin day! That is a roller coaster.

I could ride Hwy 123 between Mt. Judea and Hagarville back and forth all friggin day! That is a roller coaster.
THAT road, I believe is the road that caused me to get an FJR. Chased this fast guy down with me on my FZ1 and realized that the FJR is a better bike than I am a rider. And it comes with all the other stuff I needed.
biggrin.png

IMG_6901.jpg

From the north end, Hwy 5 south is pretty good. Then you can take 56 east over to 9 and south into Melbourne. Then that section of 9 to Mountain View is a hoot!

We decided a long time ago that Arkansas roads are tough on tires. It makes planning for tours tough trying to figure out whether I can go for a ride and still have enough tire for an upcoming tour. I had a spare rear wheel for the Goldwing, and that helped. No spares for the FJR, though.
so many frickin' fine roads so close to my house and so little time!

I gotta retire so I have more time to ride!

so many frickin' fine roads so close to my house and so little time!

I gotta retire so I have more time to ride!
I retired March 1st and bought the FJR March 2nd. My problem is that I don't really care to ride alone that much, and all my riding buddies are younger than me and still work.

Yeah. You need to retire. Then PM me for a ride ;)

...From the north end, Hwy 5 south is pretty good. Then you can take 56 east over to 9 and south into Melbourne. Then that section of 9 to Mountain View is a hoot!
Yep, that is quite a hoot...then 16 from Mtn View to wherever you wanna go next.

Can't wait till the next Hooterville ride!