QatarGP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was very entertaining and I kept wondering if Dovi and Maverick would knock themselves out and Rossi would waltz in for the win?!

I think they are learning not to count Rossi out. He might not have had the fastest practice but I doubt it surprised anyone that he had a podium finish.

The old dog still has some hunt.

First race raised some questions. Is Zarco for real? How long will it take for Lorenzo to figure out the Duc? What the hell is wrong with Iannone? Is the Honda really that bad? What do they put in the water in Spain?

Can't wait for Austin because I get to go this year!
punk.gif
bike.gif
3000+ miles for an hour race and so worth it!

I was at Thunderhill for a track day and they set up the race on a TV in the clubhouse. It was pretty cool because Ken Hill was there doing his own commentary on the riding, riders, tire performance, etc.... it was kind of like having the color commentators right there in the room with you.

And he called Zarco's crash about 2 laps before it happened. He said that he's known some Moto2 riders and they're on the edge of crashing from the 1st corner of a race so he was expecting it once his tires started to go away.

And agree with previous comment - looks like this is gonna be a tough year for Honda. I think the ECU standardization has gone a long way in making it easier for the newer factory entries to get competitive, and it looks like the Honda doesn't want to corner or accelerate as well as the Yamaha and Ducati for sure, and maybe trailing the Suzuki's too.....