Queensland Ken - RIP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RossKean

Reaction score
I was just having a look for some old information on the forum and came across a relevant post by Queensland Ken. I always remembered his valued input on a host of technical issues and realized I had not seen him here for quite some time. I was aware that he had many health challenges over the years due to Crohn's disease and I was concerned that things were not going well (last activity on this forum was June 2017). I did some net-surfing and found on the Australian FJR Owner's Forum that he passed away back in October 2017.
https://www.fjr13.org/forum/index.php?threads/rip-ken-fraser.8965/

He provided help and advice to many on this (and other) forums. He maintained his strength of character even through adversity. I know he was pretty badly disabled for his last couple of years and he kept hoping that the next treatment/surgery etc. would restore health to the point where he could ride again. RIP Ken!

photo-4399.jpg
1961-2017

Last edited by a moderator:
Very caring of you to track down this info so we can pay our respects to his memory. RIP Ken.

I did not meet him, but was aware of his contribution to the forum.

For some reason, (I know the reason) This scenario is happening more often lately. it's a reinforcement of the wake up call I got a few years back.

We don't get to decide some things, my friends. Carpe Diem!!

Sad news indeed. Hope his passing was peaceful and his family is doing well

Dang, never met Ken, we live on different continents, but he sure was a great source of info, and always willing to help, especially when I had my first FJR, before he got so sick. Prayers for his family.

Says something about the guy, that he was so well-respected by a motorcycle forum on the opposite side of the world.

Queensland Ken: Hope your passage was peaceful and as painless as possible.

I was just having a look for some old information on the forum and came across a relevant post by Queensland Ken.
Thanks RossKean. Tweaked the bottom of your post to include some details about him and moved to our special forum area reserved for FJR owners.

He's gonna be missed.

RIP Ken, I always enjoyed your contributions. Hope the riding up there is even better than the riding down here.

Ken was always a gentleman on the forum and a valuable contributor. Wish I had been lucky enough to have met him. Rest In Peace, brother.

Terrible news indeed.

From my little time on this forum, I do remember his excellent comments, contributions and positive attitude.

May he rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.