Quest for Food

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Next to a gas pump finding a good food source is high on my riding priority list, I prefer a relaxing sit down over fast food. My latest find is the Old Mill Cafe on Beaver valley road in Plain, not to far off of highway 2 and what is left of the 59er. Take the LK Wenatchee road from Coles Corner and just past the state park exit take the road to Plain and the Chumstick, short pleasant ride to Plain, right as you enter you will see the Old Mill Cafe. Food was great, service was cheerful and outstanding. Had grits with my bacon and eggs, that was good stuff. Menu is unique. Decafe coffee was some of the best I have had. Amanda is the wait person, Kim is the owner, bathrooms were spotless, silverware was clean which is not always the case. Printing their hours as they vary. M. is 630am to2pm,T&W closed,Thurs. 630am to2pm, Fri & Sat 630am to 8pm, Sun is 630am to2pm. It is well worth the putt (93m) from my house in Snohomish. Phone is 509 888 5102. They have pastries also and I took an apple strudel for the road. Breakfast and tasty looking lunch items on the menu are their forte. Colors are just starting to turn a bit in places on Stevens. All in all a nice days ride for a Friday.

Thanks for the tip. Added to my waypoints in BaseCamp. This coming week looks good for a day trip and I think I have decided my route. Just need to go through the BaseCamp ordeal. It's easier to use Google My Maps and export to the Garmin sometimes, but I should be able to lean BAseCamp.