Questions For The Vets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meese passed me in WV like I was sitting still
Neener Neener Neener.

Don't get suckered into hyperspace. Walk the IBA walk and do more than pay lip service to their tennets and hold your head high at the finish. You may just avoid killing your spirit guide along the way.
wink.png

Nerves are normal for most people I know. It truly is a different plateau of event and takes a different approach than a 24 or 36 hour rally. When they switch departure times on you at different check points it's easy to throw off your body clock on what consitutes a "day" (24 hours) and your self assessment of how many miles you've ridden can get thrown off if you don't remind yourself that leg 2 has a different "day" than leg 1, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Illinois has a very good I-Pass program that is EZ pass compatible. No fees! Set it up for auto renewal with your CC and forget about it.

FWIW, North Carolina Quick Pass is working on interoperability with TX Tag and FL Sun Pass. if they get that on line before the IBR, I'll jump all over that. Last I checked, still no go.

Oh, and for your roll of $1 bills, don't go thru OK. They require exact change, have un-manned toll booths with gates and it's not a dollar toll. I have an OK Pike Pass just for that reason.

And yeah, get the Med Jet so it expires after the IBR is over. You can buy a one year subscription or a fixed window. If you're going to cheap out and do the fixed window, make sure it covers getting to the start and getting home after.

I used to live in OK. Their turnpike system is so minimalistic compared to those in the NE corridor that it's a non-issue to me. It saves some time to use their 2 or 3 systems but they are long and any delay getting on/off it is inconsequential if you absolutely need to get to the few "other ends" of the things. In the NE it's a toll booth every 3/4 of a mile and insane. I was gobsmacked. In that zone a pike pass would make sense.