Quincy for lunch May 13th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluestreek

Bluestreek
Reaction score
Meeting time and place will be Hwy 20 and Marysville road

9:00am Kick stands up at 9:30

The route will be Marysville rd to

Left on Loma Rica Rd to

right on Los Virjeles rd to

Oroville Banger Hwy

Left on Foothill

Left on Lower Wyandotte to

Ophir road to

Right on Hwy 70

north to Quincy for lunch.

After lunch it will be

70 to

89 to

49 to

Right on Pleasant Valley road

to the Chevron station Just before Hwy 20

After that you are on your own

Total Distance is about 225 miles

The route will be Hwy 70 to till working on the details but I am thinking on doing Laporte-Quincy road thru LaPorte to Quincy We will stop at the Morning Thunder Cafe in Quincy for lunch. And do Hwy 89 to 49 and back thru Downiville towards Grass Valley. :)

As soon as I finish all the details I will e-mail the GPS program to anyone that wants it. :cownoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you starting from? I am interested, have you checked to see if it is open? I don't think they plow it during the winter and with all the snow it may be closed for a while. A call to the Plumas Co. sherrifs dept in Quincy will let you know. Feather River Canyon (hwy 70)is always a nice scenic run to Quincy too. Doug in Grass Valley

Bugnatr

Its about time you joined us for a ride.

I will make sure the roads are open before we leave. Hwy 70 can be an alt. route.

I think a good starting point would be hwy 20 and Marysville Rd Chevron and convience store. Others may want to meet in Auburn and ride 49 to 20 and down to Marysville rd. :cownoy:

BugnatrIts about time you joined us for a ride.
Seems I am working when you guys are riding, darn it!

Marysville Rd sounds good, what time?

Anyone riding up through GV? We can meet at my shop just off 49. Let me know

Watch out for CHP between GV and Auburn- major speed enforcement going on. I will contact FJRob to see if he can go. Bug

I will work out the meet time and let everyone know within the week. :cownoy:

The list so far:

Bluestreek 2up

MM2

Bugnatr

Orangevale

Rogdeb? (Haven't seen a red FJR in a long time)

Rick n Sac?

Skyway?

FJROB?

Weekendrider?

SportBikeEffects?

Joyfulgirl?

Anyone else?

I will work out the meet time and let everyone know within the week. :cownoy:
The list so far:

Bluestreek 2up

MM2

Bugnatr

Rogdeb? (Haven't seen a red FJR in a long time)

Rick n Sac?

Skyway?

FJROB?

Orangevale?

Weekendrider?

SportBikeEffects?

Anyone else?
Orangevale: yep

Joyfulgirl: maybe

Welcome UberKul I think its great that we will be seeing some new faces as well as seeing old friends.

Lets meet up at the convienence store on hwy20 and Marysville rd at 9:00 am kickstands up at 9:30. Everyone should be fueled up and ready to ride by 9:30. We will stop for a break before we get to Quincy

The list so far:

Bluestreek 2up

MM2

Bugnatr

Orangevale (maybe 2up)

Uberkul 2up

RogDeb 2up (Haven't seen a red FJR in a long time)

Rick n Sac?

Skyway?

FJROB?

SportBikeEffects?

Joyfulgirl?

Silveradoslick?

Anyone else?

Talked to FJRob, he is off to Colorado this week with his first SS1K on the way. He may go, will contact us when he returns. We rode the dual sports up to Alleghany today, once you get to 4,500 feet their is a ton of snow. I will be bringing a TL1000 and a GS1150 riders with me. Bug

Bluestreek: I am not going to be able to make this ride this time.

I am going to head to Las vegas for my nephew graduation from college. I will be heading out the 18 At 0600 am.

Good luck on your ride. As far as snow it will be melting away :yahoo: weekend rider

I am going to head to Las vegas for my nephew graduation from college. I will be heading out the 18 At 0600 am.
[SIZE=18pt]The Quincy for lunch ride is May 13th not the 18th. Have fun in Vegas.[/SIZE]

Hey when I do not have my glasses on threes eights all look the same. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I also is going to do some home pprojects that require me here remodeling

Hey when I do not have my glasses on threes eights all look the same. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I also is going to do some home pprojects that require me here remodeling
Wow, pretty good secondary excuse,

[SIZE=24pt]NOT![/SIZE]

Wanna hear mine? Need to conserve tire rubber, as my new one sits in WA and I can't get up there until the 16th to mount it up.

I'm on duty Mother's Day which means it falls on the 13th for me this year. Now those are some excuses, eh?