Quincy for lunch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluestreek

Bluestreek
Reaction score
All welcome to join in on the fun.

We will be meeting at the Chevern in Marysville (See map) at 9:00 am.

Chevron.jpg

There is a coffee place in this complex along with a convenience store and rest rooms

By 9:30 everyone should be fueled up and ready to go.

We will head out on SR 70 to Quincy

About half-way to Quincy we will stop at a rest area for a break

After the break we will head for the Morning Thunder Cafe in Quincy for lunch

After lunch we will take SR 89 to Truckee

Here we will stop for fuel and a short break

After the break we will head down Old Donner road to Cisco and on to Auburn

Route.jpg

Total miles Marysville to Auburn is 239 which is the reason for the fuel stop in Truckee

I can prolly make the total ride on one tank but there may be others that can't.

The list of players so far

Bluestreek 2-up

JREW 2-up

Hycle 2-up

Ric n Sac 2-up

RogDeb 2-up

Huskyrider 2-up ( on a Vespa ? )

Gfran 2-up

Old Michael ( with Silent riding pillion )

MM2

Sacramentomike

James Burleigh

Highlander

Weekend rider

Bokerfork

Dr Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't make it for May 17, but I will be passing through Quincy on my way from Chester to S. Lake Tahoe on Sept. 10 so I'll be sure to stop and have a coffee there.

Looking forward to a ride report as it will help build the anticipation of a special vacation.

Bluestreek - I'd love to go but I'm too far away for today! When I do my week long Sierra trips we usually cruise thru Quincy and do all the loops around that area, Almanor, Lassen, Tahoe etc.

Enjoy you guys!!! :yahoo:

Can't make it for May 17, but I will be passing through Quincy on my way from Chester to S. Lake Tahoe on Sept. 10 so I'll be sure to stop and have a coffee there.
Looking forward to a ride report as it will help build the anticipation of a special vacation.
Its a great little cafe! (Link to Yahoo Maps) There are usually plenty of bikes parked out front, but there is a bank parking lot directly across the street where we usually park with groups.

Wow, a lunch ride into my hometown! I touched and honored. I'd love to take this ride with ya'll but I think my finacee would probably shoot me if I tried. I'm already riding to the Pashnit Spring Gathering, on Saturday the 10th. If I told her I was gonna take this ride too, she'd disembowel me.

Oh! I'm sorry, I forgot to mention one detail that might be important. Saturday the 17th of May will be our wedding day! Yep, that's right, we're getting married that morning in Meadow Valley, near Quincy.

Monday the 19th we're leaving for a nice 5 day loop of northern California for our honeymoon and of course we're riding. Me on my Bandit and her on her Seca. First days ride we'll be riding up 89 to 36 and west, nearly to Fortuna and camping the first night. Tuesday we'll ride the Avenue of the Giants and north on 101 to just above Orick and camp. Wednesday we'll ride 299 to Weaverville and north on 3 to the 5 and hotel it in Weed. Thursday is a relax day, just ride for fun around Weed and Mt Shasta. Friday we'll come home to Quincy via 89 thru Burney, Burney Falls and Chester. Overall, I think it'll be close to 900 miles in 5 days.

Anyway, ya'll have fun on your ride and lets all hope for good weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we will miss you in this ride hopefully you will make another with the both of you attending.

Congradulations on your wedding and the very best of of everything.

It looks like the honeymoon will really begin when you return home . because you will be all :D