RACE TECH G3 saga

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foshow150

Reaction score
Back in 2011 I took advantage of the Race Tech suspension group buy. Called the number talked to a sales rep and ordered over the phone. Three weeks later had them installed, went for a ride, 350 miles later I was attempting to fill the bike at a gas station and one of my cards were canceled..... HMMMM, used the back up card and made it home... Called the card company and they told me that there was someone in Corona California who attempted fraud with my card! Lesson , thank goodness for two credit cards....... CORONA ???? RACE TECH ????? HMMMM.........

With that out of the way, my G3 has been plagued with leaking pre load hoses that connect to the adjustment knob. Race tech wanted to have me ship it and wait. After there team of experts have a look they can tell me if there is anything they can do. this would be a month long process since their busy during the riding season. This news came to me after I was outside the warranty window by 3 days...... I found a local shop who has attempted to fix it, he has tried 3 times. It is happening again. Race tech is no help, They offer a new shock with a 10% discount. Hmmmm WHAT A DEAL!!!! I asked if I could pay in spirit since someone tried to run a shopping spree with my card. I am wondering if any one has a shock REBUILDER that has been able to fix this issue for good for them? willing to ship it and wait............... Hope it comes back before NAFO.

I can give you two California shops. First is Catalyst Reaction in the Bay Area. I usually wind up talking with Jim. 650-591-2778.

Since I experienced poor customer service with RT also, I went with Lindemann Engineering in Redlands. Ed Sorbo is the owner. 909-838-4587.

Both shops do their own fork work instead of using generic off the shelf valves. Neither like RT.

My FJR just went in today for the suspension work, and I will report on the results later. Please do the same.

Richard

I know a guy who works there, his name is Brad Bailey.
I would be happy to call or go over there on your behalf.

I have never had a problem with them and would be happy to help you out.
Thank you kindly, but my loss of having a shock shipped half way across the country, sitting and waiting, to be told it isn't a warranty issue, isn't a mental trip I want to take. This shock is at a local shop with another idea in the works. Maybe the 4th time is the charm!!!?!?!?! My next thought would be a Lindemann Penske and then when the RACE TECH shock hoses are leaking I could throw the spare on and send the race tech out into Lindemann.......

Thank you again..... I will PM you If I reconsider.... Thank you again.

Phillip

You could also call Rick at Cogent Dynamics in NC. He's a former Ohlins engineering guy and is familiar with RaceTech products (he sells).https://www.motocd.com/mc/
Thank you for the responses!!

Phillip
ok.gif