radiator fan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ds1340

Reaction score
yes i flipped my bike i replaced the crankcase cover but the frame sliders safe the side panel but now the radiator fans are not working i checked the fuses and they are good is there a rely some where

yes there is a relay somewhere your owners manual has a list of electrical components and their locations maybe you could find what youre looking for there are you sure the fuses are good just looking at them isnt good enough you need to put a meter across them how many bars on the temp gage when you think the fans should be on there is also a way to run the fans manually in diag mode on the cluster but that would be way to hard to explain without caps and dots and stuff

goodreplywalt I wonder how long the motor has run and what temprature we're talking about here the fans don't run till it gets pretty warm i wouldn't think flipping a bike would cause issues such as this unless some wires got cut but he indicates the plastic wasn't damaged so I don't no

You guys already figured out the problem. Either the shift key or the period key must've come loose and lodged in the radiator fan blade. Solved.

Question: how hard do you have to yank the FJR to get all that weight up over the rear wheel? I don't think I've ever read about anyone else flipping it on a wheelie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Methinks the Wheelie Troll has posted ...............................

(please note the use of extra periods to make up for the absence of said.)

We have a wheelie troll? Who knew''''''',,,,,,.......??????

(Other assorted punctuation added just in case kaitsdad's weren't enough.)