Radio interference

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First -- dump the AM radio -- who listens to that anyway! (j/k)

Try a jumper from the AM radio's negative battery lead to bike/chassis ground.

Enjoying this thread...

I'm thinking about my audio needs.

Where did you mount the MixIt? It's the only game in town as far as outputs with separate volumes, right?

Also, is there a decent mount for the iPod? I've been carrying mine in my pocket and using the remote. Would rather have it in front of me though. Think I trashed a drive on an earlier iPod by carrying it in my tank bag.

Jim

I've got my Mixit velcroed down in the space underneath the passenger's seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoying this thread...
I'm thinking about my audio needs.

Where did you mount the MixIt? It's the only game in town as far as outputs with separate volumes, right?

Also, is there a decent mount for the iPod? I've been carrying mine in my pocket and using the remote. Would rather have it in front of me though. Think I trashed a drive on an earlier iPod by carrying it in my tank bag.

Jim
Currently, the mixit is just under the rider seat. I'll probably end up putting it under the passenger seat, even though it means running longer input audio cables (4) rather than (1) output back to the starcom mounted in the tail.

For mounts, I've found what I think is a great solution. There's a RAM mount for the Otter Box. I bought an OtterBox, and it looks like it'll work great for my 30GB Video ipod.

First -- dump the AM radio -- who listens to that anyway! (j/k)
Try a jumper from the AM radio's negative battery lead to bike/chassis ground.
I'll try grounding the AM radio and let you know.

For the record, I am somewhat embarased about listening to AM B)

There's really only 2 things I want it for, local sports-talk radio (yea, I know, lame), and the occasional local baseball game.

Woodstock... XM radio carries all the MLB games... and local sports talk is highly overrated... ;)

Woodstock... XM radio carries all the MLB games... and local sports talk is highly overrated... ;)
Yea, I know XM is an option, but I've just gotten used to listing to the local talking heads on my morning (and to a lesser extent, afternoon/evening commute).