Radio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuburnShane

Reaction score
I am looking for a radio (&MP3) that I can mount and have controls big enough to use. I have a little samsung MP3 / FM radio which is ok but no way I could change it while riding

I am looking for a radio (&MP3) that I can mount and have controls big enough to use. I have a little samsung MP3 / FM radio which is ok but no way I could change it while riding
I have a XM Roadie that I use and it can used with ear buds but I have a J&M CB that I run it through.

rogerfjrfaster

IBA #21261 1K & 50cc :D

I have a XM Roadie that I use and it can used with ear buds but I have a J&M CB that I run it through.

+1 XM Roadie thru chatterbox X2

AuburnShane,

If you're successful in your search, I would like to know about it. I've tried a few AM/FM radios with various antennas without luck. I live in NW Michigan where the signals are not great to begin with. If I get on the West side of hills the signals from Wisconsin walk all over the local stations.

I now have Sirius and a Softline intercom. Reception is great.

It feels good when you stop banging your head against a stone wall !

dobias :glare:

It's discontinued, but you can find them on the used market:https://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/acc/cb/cb.html

I then plug in MP3, GPS, V1, and/or Sirius into it through the aux audio port via a MixIt. You balance all your audios and then control the master volume through the control on the bar-mounted control head.
I run a GMRS, Sirius, and 2720 audio through a passive mixer and boosteroo all contained in a Cortech Super Mini Mag tank bag. See pics here: https://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.ph...11&postcount=10

I use a Roady II, run through an AutoCom Active-7. I sometimes carry a "jogger's" walkman AM/FM/Weather Band, and replace the Roady with it, just to shake things up a bit. I may add a Mix-It so I dont't have to plug/unplug radios.

Brian

P.S. Does anyone know...are Mix-Its waterproof/water resistant, or would I need to bag it?