Radman has passed away

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news. Commiserations to Dave's family. Like Tim (TWN), Dave and I had off Forum emails going on for some time. I have parts off of Dave's FJR on my FJR. Dave was a character, but in a good way, I will miss the off-center and unpredictable humor. This is both a personal and technical loss. Earlier Rad/Dave had tried to reconnect on the Forum and I welcomed him back, for some reason (I don't know the back story) those posts were hidden/deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts and prayers go out to the Radman family.

Selfishly, reading this reminds me of my own mortality, and that of my loved ones. We don't get to decide. We have to make the best of whatever time we have, be it 40 days or 40 years. We have to spend our energy on what matters the most to us, and dismiss the rest as a useless nuisance. I wish I knew this 25 years ago.

I think I'll call my mother today.

RIP Rad, his avatar will never be forgotten.
Nor will the man.......

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known." Charles Dickens

He has finally made it to that next place, of peace..... RIP sir - watch over us

I'll never forget the epic conversations between Rad and TDub (That's what Rad called Two Wheel NUT).

I wonder if he ever sat through that sensitivity class.
smile.png

Though I never met him in person, I feel the loss. Condolences to the family and friends.

RIP Radman. Never met you but remember you posts when I first joined in '06.

Sad to hear another has left the fold. All the best to his family as the come to terms with his passing.

Ride well Radman.

Great guy who will be missed by many. I never met Dave in person, but had several pm communications with him. He was 6 weeks younger than me, so we were certainly contemporaries, but he'd have been kind and helpful regardless. Makes me sad to have lost his company on the planet, but his memory and example remains. My sincerest condolences to Kathy and his family for their loss.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Like many here, I never had the fortune of meeting Dave in person, but I sure considered him a “Forum Friend”. The catchy wit and sharp come-backs seems to come easy for him. Always enjoyed reading his take on subjects, and was always amazed at the knowledge he possessed. I purchased some items from Dave a couple of years ago, and will always think of him when I use them. Peace be with you Kathy and family.

For you locals, services will be held on Saturday, July 12 @ 11am. Visitation 1 hour prior. Luncheon will be served following service.

Hope Community Church

9623 162nd St W

Lakeville, MN 55044

Thank you! I cannot express how much it means to me to read here what I always knew -- My David (your Radman) was a very special guy, not only to me and to family, but to so so so many!

Share your Radman stories and posts with me here please.

He so enjoyed his Reno trip. And the man-boob contest. I don't know how to post photos here so I'm emailing 2 special photos to a local member and friend and post. "Are they real?" and "Gee, I just don't know what to say!"

Thank you.

Kathy aka MrsRadman

My condolences Kathy, we Fjr forum guys are like brothers, even ones we never met in person.

Didn't know him... sounds like I'll be my life would have been the richer for having done so. My sympathies to his friends and family alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.