Radman has passed away

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know Radman, but anytime a fellow rider is taken, it is a sad moment. I wish his family my sincerest condolences.

i_just_dont_know_what_to_say_zpsd9a5048c.jpg

Radman in Reno after proving to the judges that, "Yes, they are real."

are_they_real_zpsc4cc5f8c.jpg

Not before or since have I ever seen so many women interested in man boobs...but Rad would have had it no other way...

Kathy, that crusty old fart truly was a crusty old fart, but damn it...he was our crusty old fart!

I just got home after being out of town a couple of days and this was the first thread I saw when I logged on... made my heart sad not for him but for all those who he touched in his life left behind... we are the ones left holding the bag of continuing to live life without them... sending healing thoughts to his family and friends and the hope that carrying him on in your memories will keep him alive in your hearts forever.

I was sitting at the table with Dave, when it was his turn to "Audition" for the Manboob contest. As He got up He grabbed a glass of water and threw it on the front of His Tee Shirt. Ala Flashdance.....His Performance was hard to beat, Altho I think Galaxy Blue may have had a cup size or two on Radman, Dave won the show.. The Tiarra actually looked good on Him.

I;m glad I knew Dave. He was unique.

I will always have good memories of the Radman on this forum.

His knowledge, sense of humor, and attitude made him a one of a kind.

We will miss you, Dave.

My condolences to his family.

Kathy, I'm very sorry to hear of Dave's passing. We really enjoyed him around here, back in the day, and he was always very kind to me, especially once he found out I'm a fellow Minnesotan. I finally got to meet him in Reno and had the pleasure of judging the Man Boobs contest. He took it to a whole nother level when he grabbed a water glass and threw it on himself! I just died, I was laughing so hard! Here's a few pics of us from that night. Apparently my photo sharing site has changed their policies so this is as big as I can get them, but if you'd like the originals, I'd be happy to send them to you, just message me you email.

He will be missed and remembered fondly. I'm glad I had the chance to know him.

Sorry to hear of his passing. Enjoyed the technical posts, loved the Avatar, and the attitude. RIP Redman.

Did some cap and trade with this awesome person, turned me on to a russel day long saddle. Amazing resto job on that suzuki! Glad I had an opportunity to meet and chat.

See you again, but not yet.

Phillip

Although I never personally met Radman, he sounds like he was a very knowledgeable, personable person who could let it go and have fun too!

RIP Radman

This has all been a very nice and respectful tribute to Dave, aka Radman.

For all the forum peeps who have posted up, Thank You.

Dave was truly an individual who marched to a different drummer..

...and, if you listened, the drum beat made sense -

.......maybe not your note, but his note made sense, at least to me.

I'll miss yah Dave...

he was a good peep.

RIP my friend.

dcarver

Truly saddened to hear this. Rad was a huge presence here and contributed much that was both fun and useful...RIP

I attended David's memorial service yesterday. Kathy presented me with the task of getting his restored Suzuki to the church for all to see. I hauled it home first and gave it a bath. I wanted it show ready...the way Rad would have wanted it. Kathy was driven over in his 1967 Dodge R/T 440 Magnum, and managed to lay a little rubber on the way over to the church. Thanks to all the Patriot Guard Riders, of which Rad was one. You guys made it an awesome scene to drive up into.

It was a thoughtful service with many members rising to the occasion and coming forward to present their Radman stories. Family, friends and neighbors all came forth to give their memories of their time with the cantankerous old Radman. Many wished they had spent more time getting to know David after they got a little closer peek into his life.

I did not make it to the front of the church...I am still trying to wrap my head around David coming over to my house of all places he could have gone on that last nite...I am just a friend of David's...not special in my eyes...just a guy. We met because we bought FJRs two numbers apart in the serial numbers at the same dealer and ran into each other at a gas station in our neighborhood. July of 2004. That chance meeting turned into a hell of a ten years.

At the end of the service and after the meal I was given the opportunity to take Rad's Zook on one last ride and take her back home to the garage for the last time. Made my day.

Rad, see you on the other side my friend.

Kathy, My condolences and prayers for you and our departed friend Dave. I never met Dave but truly appreciate his many contributions to our Forum members. I'm confident the members in your area will be happy to assist you in moving any of the items you wish to sell. Art

The realization that I have lost an opportunity to actually meet this person just hit me. It hit me hard. The little pissing contests, the petty B.S. arguments that we have on this forum suddenly don't seem as important. I WILL make an effort to attend some FJR owners events. I WILL be able to say I have met some of the personalities that make this forum so wonderful.

I WILL make it a point to shake hands with some more of you folks in the future. RadMan, thanks for the education. Thanks for being unique and helping shape this place into what it is.

Mrs. Radman, I am sorry for your loss.

I don't remember who bought him, but I envy whoever is riding "Frank", Rad's FJR. It would be an honor.

RIP Dave. You'll be well remembered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunned. I never had an occasion where Radman wasn't willing to help. World was a better place when he was here. Sorry to hear the news.

My regards, RIP Rad!

Bruce

Sorry to find this post today as I haven't been visiting much lately. But the prayers and well wishes still going out to Rads family and his many friends.

I met him briefly at one of the best WFO's ever in Reno in 2005 and the man-boob contest is forever etched in my mind with Radman soaking himself up to get just the right effect on his man-boobs while doing his stripper style dance for effect. And I couldn't help watch Warchild's shocked look as he MCed on the podium mike trying his best to keep his composure. All the while the female judges getting jacked up on liquor shots. Priceless! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

His special humor and and valued mechanical advice was well appreciated by many here on the forum and I liked his humorous input on his beloved FJR "Frank" as well. Ride free my friend and hope to see you again. PM.

RIP Dave, I met/talked with Rad in Reno and glad to have met him, condolences to his wife and close friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts