RAM GPS mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandcommuter

Reaction score
Lucky me, got a Garmin eTrex for xmas.

What have you all used for RAM mounts? None of what I'm seeing looks quite right for the feejer cockpit. I'm not into a shelf.

All suggestions appreciated.

This photo shows pretty well the ball mount I got from GPSCity.com. Don't remember the specific part number I got, but it took a 10mm bolt I got from the local part store and then attached to the ball was a 2" arm and then a eTrex holder.

Only thing about this mount is it tends to vibrate and make the eTrex units go wonky over time.

Next leve is to go to a Stemmount....which I may be headed to next and get a 2710.

Welcome to farkle dilemma-land.

Image Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that'll do it. It looks like that simple mount with the rubber ball and the 10mm hole right?

Thanks!

Ignacio, or anyone else considering a 27xx series Garmin,

If you are ready to commit to a 2710 , consider the 2730. You will get the benefit of the built in XM radio for not much more money.

I use a Gadget guy mount system, https://www.gadgetguy.net/

for a rock solid and theft resistant mount. Our fellow forum member, Sportbike effects, sells the same mounts as well. It will currently accept both the 2610 series as well as the 27xx series Garmins, and leaves the bars uncluttered. Vibration will also not be a problem to the units electronics (a side benefit). :)

Ignacio, or anyone else considering a 27xx series Garmin,If you are ready to commit to a 2710 , consider the 2730.  You will get the benefit of the built in XM radio for not much more money.
Also keep in mind that the traffic features offered for the 2720 and 2730 are quite different. The 2720 offering an FM RDS-TMC type system and included in the price of the antenna is 15 months subscription. MSRP $214.27 on top of the cost of 2720.

The 2730 gets its traffic data via XM NavTraffic which includes XM weather data. The antenna is included with the purchase price, but has no free subscription.

www.garmin.com/products/gtm10

www.xmradio.com/xmnavtraffic