Ram Mount Location For GPS with least vibration

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maywannayamaha1300

Reaction score
Question for anyone who knows. I have a 2006 A FJR. When I have my GPS/Mp3 player (combo unit) hooked up to a ram mount that's on the right fluid resevoir, speeds over 65 or so vibrate the gps so much that it has to reset itself (shuts down or pauses the music). Would there be less vibration if ram mounted to the stem nut?

I think you need:

1) Heavier bar ends

2) a Throttle body sync asap.

My Quest is mounted out there and it's pretty stable and certainly doesn't reboot.

You didn't mention what unit you had.

Yes. I started with a clutch-side RAM mount and actually vibrated the guts of a Legend loose. When I switched to a mount closer to the steering stem nut it was better, but when I rode Skooter's bike with a real stemstand there was no comparison and switched. It's the least vibration prone setup I've seen....and I have the heave bar-end weights and do scheduled TBS.

Question for anyone who knows. I have a 2006 A FJR. When I have my GPS/Mp3 player (combo unit) hooked up to a ram mount that's on the right fluid resevoir, speeds over 65 or so vibrate the gps so much that it has to reset itself (shuts down or pauses the music). Would there be less vibration if ram mounted to the stem nut?
+1 on the stem nut, it is what I use and it is solid with no vibration.

Mac

I used the TechMount stem stand for my Street Pilot 2720. No vibration at all

Clicky

You need a 36mm socket and an 85 lb-ft torque wrench to install this

Last edited by a moderator:
What type GPS do you have? If it has a harddrive it won't work on a bike. Center nut with Tech Mount as mentioned seems to work great and has more adjustment vs ball mount. PM. <>< :D

Latest posts