Ram mount on left unused threaded hole near clutch reservoir

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRpilot1977

Reaction score
To have adequate clearance of clutch reservoir to mount a Ram X-Grip phone holder , what length of extension from Ram is recommended here? I was thinking 3" inch like the one in the attached photo, but hard to tell in FJR photos. I don't own an FJR just yet so unable to measure myself. Thanks in advance. Screenshot_20220302-154711_Chrome.jpg

Don't know about your RAM x-grip holder but the top of the ball screwed into the socket on the clutch side is already above the clutch reservoir.

20220302_170056[1].jpg

7F30E863-9E75-4967-95CD-E6862E53E119.jpeg2” long likely be tight for a large phone mounted portrait but has adequate clearance for a Garmin. Recently have ordered a 3” and x grip and will test out with a large cell phone.

You can also get a RAM offset mount instead of the ball that screws into the threaded hole. Held to the reservoir hole with an appropriate bolt. I used to have one like the one on the right.

shopping
shopping

If you want one on the other side, you can get one that is designed to mount over the brake reservoir. Never tried one but it should work.

shopping

I have this RAM mount plate that goes over the clutch reservoir. I use it with a 2" extension (shorter than the one you show) and a tablet mount for Kindle or iPad size devices. Plenty of clutch clearance and plenty of instrumentation visibility even with a tablet mounted.

Attachments

• ram_mounts_brake_clutch_reservoir_cover_mount_750x750.jpg
    ram_mounts_brake_clutch_reservoir_cover_mount_750x750.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: