• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rambone GPS mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I use for my GPS mount and I really like it. With the correct length RAM extension, I can still see the Yamaha dashboard over the GPS, and glare is not an issue on the GPS because of it's position and tilt. This also allow the wiring route (GPS and audio) to the "under the seat" fuse block to go under the tank, which is a lot cleaner than jumping wires from the fork assy somewhere across the steering head. For those wires, I have to leave enough slack to allow the bars to swing back and forth, and the dangling slack is always a concern.

On the down side, because I have to look downward to see the GPS, I have to chose my times more wisely while riding, as I don't even get the benefit of some peripheral vision on the road, as would be the case with a Master Cylinder or dash shelf mount. I know …. I Know - I shouldn't be staring at the GPS while riding. Anyone that has toured somewhere they are not familiar with (which is the point BTW) has fallen prey to this ill advised practice....

Just a shameless plug for the ram bone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a fairly old thread, but a friend saw mine today and was interested. If either of you still have one for say answer here, and I'll watch for it. Meanwhile, I'll let him ride my bike and see if he still wants one.