Ray Slocomb, FjRay - Now on second honeymoon with Patti

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
With very heavy heart received news from Sherlie, Ray's youngest daughter, that our Ray is now on his second honeymoon with Patti.

Details not fully available but apparently Ray had finished supper, settled in his easy chair and passed on. Time of death not known, Sherlie thinks it might have been last Wed/Thur night. I sent email to Ray on 11/11/21 and hadn't heard back, very unusual.

Please keep Ray's family in your thoughts and prayers.

Don

I'm so glad I went to the Reuben Run this year... almost cancelled because of the smoke but decided to go anyway... got to spend some quality time with Ray in his truck while we did some cage-related sightseeing one day... RIP Ray and hope you're ripping up the sky twisties with Patti... xoxo

We'll all miss him. Rode with Ray and his buddies for lunch back in Apri, again in June and hung out with him again at NAFO this year. He was always ready to help anyone who needed it, he was the first to reach out to me when bambi totaled my Feejeer near the Columbia River back in 12.
A real good man.

Last edited:
I am so glad I visited in September and had the chance to chat with him. Ray was the salt of the earth - so many good memories over the years. He brought so many great FJR people together over the years, and he was kind, thoughtful, and loved his town. He will be missed.

I'm so glad I went to the Reuben Run this year... almost cancelled because of the smoke but decided to go anyway... got to spend some quality time with Ray in his truck while we did some cage-related sightseeing one day... RIP Ray and hope you're ripping up the sky twisties with Patti... xoxo
ditto Tyler that was fun spending time with him that day

I can't add to what's been said, but I just want his daughters to see the outpouring of love and respect that's sure to follow here. I don't know of anyone who did more for the forum and its people, and I'm sure for any other group he was a part of. Peace to all your family and friends, Ray and Patti.