RealTime Industries’ Reflective Decals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnKing2

Reaction score
Most of you undoubtedly already know about Alex and RealTime Industries and the reflective decals he sells. But, in case some of you didn't, I wrote a post with some pics of my latest set of FJR decals.

Alex also sent along a set of fairing decals but I haven't put them on yet as it's been too cold in my area. Bottom line is if you don't have these on your bike, buy a set and put them on your bike!

I've got them as well. Alex used my Gen III as pattern for the Gen III pieces.

He is a great guy, also a Sena distributor and competitive on price.

Rides a FJR as well.

Very interested in seeing pics of the GEN III fairing pieces...

Have them on my black GEN II and they are awesome!

FinalProduct2.jpg

--G

IMG_20150111_162254056_zps1ucv6xvc.jpg

Best picture I could get, flash shows reflective surface, looks like it is not even if here in the daylight.

I believe he makes a set for the Gen I and II as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pic John. Is the stripe a single vertical piece your pic shows or is there more?

Guess I'll have to wait and see them in person in Spearfish!

--G

Single stripe that covers the black insert.

Alex's storefront is in Belle Fourche, 11 miles North on Hwy 85.

I've got them as well. Alex used my Gen III as pattern for the Gen III pieces. He is a great guy, also a Sena distributor and competitive on price. Rides a FJR as well.
bigjohn - do you have any daytime (non-reflecting) pics of how the fairing reflectors look on a 2013? I have the rear set already (which are excellent) and am interested on how the fairing set goes with the 2013 color scheme.

Thanks.

Got a pair of the saddlebag reflective decals waiting to be put on. Any tips or suggestions for me so that I don't booger them up in the process?

Thanks, Leo

Installing the saddlebag decals isn't too bad.

IIRC, Alex suggests using a 50/50 mixture of IP alcohol and water. After wettng both surfaces, carefully squeegee out the liquid once the decal is positioned. I've used both dry and wet methods with good results.

--G

Whenever you are trying to get the air bubbles out be careful not to use the corner of anything (such as credit card). I got a little carried away and left a few lines in the decal from where I was using to much force. The lines aren't real noticeable but I'm pretty particular.

Everyone that rides behind me comments on how well the decals show when lights shine on them. Great value.

Got a pair of the saddlebag reflective decals waiting to be put on. Any tips or suggestions for me so that I don't booger them up in the process?
Thanks, Leo
Definetly go with the wet method. I buggered them when I did the dry and had to reorder. With the 50/50 mix it was a much easier to get them on. Use a siff rubber or bendy plastic to get them bubble free (if that makes sense.) You also don't have to get every little bubble out as they seem to disappear after the first few hot days.

Very interested in seeing pics of the GEN III fairing pieces...
Have them on my black GEN II and they are awesome!

FinalProduct2.jpg

--G
Where did you get the FJR logo for the '09 (below the blinker). I always felt that was a naked spot on my '12, but I haven't been able to find a good logo to put there.

I have the rear bag decals on, and I also have them on my GIVI Maxia 3. I only put on some of the decals, as I had put white scotchlite over the mirrors under the "reflectors" on the back. I later went back and put on more of the decals, and used the ones I didn't use to go farther around the case:

givistickers1.jpg

As for putting them on, with matte surfaces, you really don't need the water/alcohol at all. That only really applies to finished/slick surfaces.

For matte surfaces, actually getting the stickers to STICK can be an issue. It took a lot of pressure to get the stickers to adhere firmly to both the plastic of the saddlebags, and the Givi case.