Rear Fender

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudygarrido

Reaction score
Hi to all

I am a new FJR 05 owner ( Inochi) since 2 months. Before I rode an R1100Rt 00 ( Helga) for 4 years and 98000 Km here in Santiago de Chile. Any idea where to found a rear fender? In a webpage some owner used a BMW R1200GS rear fender ( Kotflügel ) https://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/BMW_R12G...E02D2E910D23F39

Any experience about it or with other solutions??

Thank´s and sorry for my bad english.

Rudy G.

Santiago - Chile

[email protected]

Rudy, your English is fine...far better than my pitiful Spanish. Anyhow, I don't know about fenders for your FJR, but I love visiting your fair city! Get there quite often. For those who may not know, the climate around Santiago matches that of San Diego and So Cal.

Rudygarrido,

I suggest buying the typical black soft plastic office trash basket and cut it out to suit. Let your imagination guide you. I have my waste basket ready for this winter's project list. I'll use the side panel and include enough of the front & back panels to add support. Mount it under the licence plate bracket.

Try it, you won't be out much money if you don't like it.

dobias

Hola Rudy,

Were you looking for this?

DSC_0004_small.jpg

If this is what you want, check out this website

Burnout

Stef

Hey Stef,

Are those huggers and rear fender for sale oin that site? I cant read it :angry:

Adam

So I went to the Burnout site, liked what I saw for the FJR, but couldn't find the pricing or the order process. Any info on US distribution?

Look, this site is pretty badly organized and you have to send them an e-mail if you want to order anything.

They'll take credit cards though and ship internationally.

I know 'cause I called them up a while back :telephone: and asked them on behalf of a British FJR owner (who never even said cheers mate...) BTW, you guys did real good on July 4, 1776 and got rid of the effing Brits :assasin: but I digress.

So, for the "Hugger", the site lists it as

* Parafango posteriore con paracatena. 2002/04 €120,00

You need to add shipping and possibly customs charges.

Stef

Edit: Jul 6

Parts are actually made in France by Top Line. They don't seem to have their own website and sell thru distributors only, but not in the US.

Here's one : French webpage I checked out their terms and conditions blurb.

It would appear you can get 15% tax off the retail price if the parts are shipped outside the EU.

Also, price is reduced if you don't want the hugger pre-painted in your model year's color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi to all

Thank´s for the answers.

I found a rear fender that can be use for the FJR. It is from the BMW GS 1200 and here is the webpage where I take the information. The owner has an BMW but he let the FJR information ( see FJR 1300 -> FJR-Zubehör)

https://www.hubertmaassen.de/

Thanks again .

Rudy

Has anyone had any success tracking down the underpan and hugger? I've sent several e-mails to the companies at the sites listed above, but have not received any response.